Here is the original recipe for Milanese fennel, a typical product of Lombard gastronomy and easy to make.
The preparation of the Milanese fennel is that for a typical Lombard side dish. Characterized by a very versatile taste, it is suitable for accompanying different dishes and enhancing the taste of various main courses and appetizers. The recipe is very simple to make at home and allows you to have a genuine and tasty side dish in a few steps. What you need to do is clean and boil the main ingredient, which is the fennel. The most important part is that of the breading, before you can fry the dish. Once done , the result is crunchy and tasty , enough to win over your guests.
Preparation of the recipe for Milanese fennel
- To begin with, you need to clean and peel the fennel.
- Once done, cut each into 4 equal parts .
- Take a pot, fill it with water and salt the liquid. Then, put it on the stove and turn on a moderate flame.
- Dip the fennel pieces inside. Also add a few drops of lemon.
- Cook for 10 minutes .
- After the cooking time, turn off. Drain the fennel and put them to dry on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, break the egg into a bowl and beat it with a fork. Then, add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In another bowl with low sides, pour the breadcrumbs.
- Take a saucepan and fill it with enough seed oil. Put on the fire and heat the contents.
- Take a piece of fennel at a time, pass it first in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs, pressing to make it adhere well.
- Dip the breaded fennel in boiling oil and let it fry until golden and crunchy. Once done, place it on a tray covered with absorbent paper.
- Proceed in this way for all the other pieces and serve them when they are warm.
This Lombard cuisine recipe is as simple and fast as it is delicious. The best advice is to serve the Milanese fennel immediately and not to keep them.
With this ingredient you can also prepare a delicious baked fennel salad .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...