Preparing orange marmalade is not that difficult. Here are our tips for perfect flavor and texture.
Orange marmalade is the winter preserve par excellence. In fact, enclosing the flavor and color of this citrus fruit in a jar allows you to enjoy its properties, as well as its taste, even when the season is late. However, preparing the orange marmalade could hide some pitfalls, one above all the bitter taste .
In fact, if not treated correctly , oranges could make the final result not very appreciable, especially for those who prefer to have a sweet orange marmalade. But do not worry, with our advice this will not happen. Ready to get down to business?
How to make orange marmalade
- First wash the oranges well. We advise you to buy organic products . Peel them and weigh the pulp (trying to eliminate all the bitter white filaments). Transfer it to a saucepan and add equal weight of sugar and lemon juice.
- Transfer to the heat and cook for 1 hour , stirring often.
- At this point, remove any remaining large white filaments and then pass everything with a food mill . You can also use an immersion mixer but our advice is to follow the recipe to the letter to remove all the strands of the fruit and obtain a creamy jam.
- If necessary, put it back on the heat and proceed with the saucer test to check its consistency.
- Transfer it still hot in the sterilized jars , close with a new cap and turn it upside down. In this way the vacuum will form in a completely natural way once cold.
To obtain a more bitter orange marmalade, you can reduce the amount of sugar by about 300 g . You can also use a few pieces of orange peel (and / or lemon), boil them for 5 minutes, repeat the operation to eliminate the bitter part and then insert them into the jam before blending it.
The idea of preparing orange marmalade with peel is also excellent, excellent both on bread and in combination with cheeses.
The orange marmalade can be kept in the pantry for over a year . Once opened, however, it should be placed in the refrigerator and consumed within 2 weeks.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?