Good with bread, to fill sweets and biscuits and quick to make thanks to the food processor: persimmon jam with the Thermomix will have no more secrets!
Jam is one of the best and most delicious products that must never be missing at home. Making them at home is quite simple, especially if you have our beloved food processor available, which also gives us a great hand in optimizing times. What we will prepare today is the persimmon jam with the Thermomix, excellent to eat alone, spread on bread or rusks, but also suitable for the preparation of stuffed biscuits, pies and cakes .
For this recipe we have decided not to add alcohol, so as to be suitable even for the little ones . To make the jam even tastier and improve its texture, in addition to persimmons, we have also added an apple. By following all our instructions step by step , the result is guaranteed. Here, then, is everything you need to prepare persimmon jam with the Thermomix.
Preparation of persimmon jam with the Thermomix
- The first thing to do is to wash the fruits. Then carefully wash the persimmons, apple and lemon.
- With the help of a knife, peel and clean the persimmons, also removing the core. Do this with a bowl underneath to collect any liquid that will come out of the fruit .
- Also peel the apple and remove the core.
- Peel the lemon and squeeze the juice into a container and set aside.
- Put the sugar, lemon zest and vanilla pod inside the bowl.
- Blend everything at turbo speed for 20 seconds.
- Then, add the persimmons, the apple cut into chunks, the lemon juice and the cinnamon.
- Close the Thermomix and run it at speed 6 for 10 seconds. Let the mixture rest for 2 minutes.
- At this point you can cook the jam , setting speed 2, at 100 ° C for 45 minutes . Place the basket on the mug to keep your jam from overflowing. However, you need to check it often and if you notice it is about to escape, lower the temperature to 90ºC .
- At the end of the cooking time, take a little bit of jam with a teaspoon and put it in a saucer, if it is ready, otherwise let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the persimmon jam into the previously sterilized jars and keep them upside down until they have cooled completely.
Characteristics of persimmon
Persimmon jam allows us to preserve this fruit with a particular flavor for longer. Persimmons are typical of the autumn period, excellent to eat even when they are very ripe , thanks to their sweetness. This fruit is also known to have various beneficial properties and is particularly suitable for the change of season when the body is subjected to greater stress , exhaustion and can suffer from various ailments.
For this reason, when this fruit abounds, we can delight in preparing a good jam.
Closed in airtight jars, this jam can be stored for 9 months . Once opened, however, it should be placed in the fridge and consumed in 3 or 4 days .
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison