The pumpkin and ricotta pie is a simple preparation with a delicate flavor. The ideal dessert for any moment of the day.
Preparing a pumpkin and ricotta cake means giving life to a dessert that is quick to prepare and full of simple ingredients but which together manage to give their best.
The flavor is in fact extremely delicate but at the same time intense and able to conquer both adults and children.
The ideal cake for breakfast or for a snack to be enjoyed in the company of the people you love or when, more simply, you want a moment of pure sweetness.
So let's find out how to prepare the pumpkin and ricotta pie!
Preparation of the pumpkin and ricotta pie recipe
- Start by washing, peeling and cleaning the pumpkin of seeds and filaments.
- Once this is done, first cut it into slices and then into cubes and weigh what is obtained to reach the weight required by the recipe.
- Take a pot, fill it with water and bring it to a boil. then blanch the cubes of pumpkin leaving them to cook for 5 minutes and until they are soft.
- Drain the pumpkin, transfer the pulp to a large bowl and mash it to obtain a soft and compact puree.
- Now add both the flour and the yeast to the puree and mix carefully.
- Also add the eggs and 120 g of sugar and continue mixing.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter in a bain-marie and after letting it cool, add it to the mixture, continuing to mix it in order to make it smooth and homogeneous.
- Take another bowl and mix together the ricotta (after draining it) and the other 120 g of sugar. The result must always be smooth and homogeneous. If the ricotta is too hard, you can sift it first with a fine mesh strainer.
- Hang a 22 cm diameter mold and line it with parchment paper pouring the two compounds obtained alternately inside. To do this it is advisable to proceed in layers. You can then make a first with the pumpkin-based dough and another with the ricotta one. Proceed like this until both doughs are finished.
- At this point, with the help of a toothpick you can slightly mix the two compounds in order to create an alternation of colors.
- Bake the mold in a preheated oven at 180 ° C and cook the cake for 40 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, do the toothpick test . If the pumpkin and ricotta cake is still behind, let it cook for another 5 minutes, otherwise take it out of the oven as well. At this point you just have to let it cool and serve or enjoy it.
This cake keeps well for 2 or 3 days as long as it is well placed in the refrigerator under a glass or plastic container.
If you liked this recipe, try the pumpkin pie one too!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...