We present the revzora, the quick and easy recipe of the Ligurian tradition from the famous dough with corn flour.
Today we talk about traditions! In particular, the revzora, the original recipe coming directly from a magnificent village in the Ligurian area. It is a soft and simple focaccia to make with a few genuine ingredients. What characterizes this leavened product is its dough made with a mixture of white flour and corn flour , together with oil, salt, water and yeast.
The name derives from the dialect definition of "sifted bran" which once replaced white flour. The revzora of Campo Ligure was originally prepared by dividing the dough into equal parts to obtain small scones , but at home it will be easier to create a single focaccia in a pan. Ideal to be enjoyed instead of bread or for a delicious dinner to be accompanied with cold cuts and cheeses.
Preparation of the revzora recipe
- Dissolve the yeast in a cup of warm water, stirring with a spoon.
- In a large bowl, mix the two flours, pour the water with the yeast and mix everything well.
- Add the remaining water, extra virgin olive oil and a teaspoon of salt.
- Knead until you get a homogeneous mixture and make a ball with your hands.
- Let the dough rise covered with a cloth in the oven turned off with the light on for two hours.
- After the time has elapsed, grease a rectangular focaccia pan with oil and transfer the dough inside.
- Spread it with greased hands to cover the entire pan and let it rise for half an hour .
- Roll out the dough again with your fingers, forming slightly edges .
- Season with oil and salt and bake in a preheated static oven at 200 ° C for 20 minutes .
- Remove from the oven, let it cool and serve in squares on the table!
You can further season the focaccia with rosemary needles or other aromatic herbs to taste. You can also replace flour 0 with wheat or type 1 flour . Enjoy it in its simplicity or accompany it with cold cuts and fresh cheeses!
The revzora can be kept tightly closed in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
We love the recipes of Italian traditions to die for … also try the recipe for Apulian focaccia from Altamura !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Carnival chiacchiere: the traditional video recipe
The recipe for Carnival chiacchiere is simple and delicious: let's see how to prepare the most loved dessert of this...
How to make mustard: the classic recipe and its variations
Perfect for flavoring salads and meats: what are the varieties of mustard and the classic recipe for preparing it at...
Nike+Tiffany together again, the most awaited sporty chic collab of the year: when and where to buy them
The "legendary" collaboration between Nike and Tiffany who once again create a pair of sneakers, the most exclusive of the...
Grated apple pie with a moist and very soft dough!
The grated apple cake is a tasty version of the classic dessert, easy to make and very soft, because the...
Vomiting of the newborn: how to behave and what it can indicate
Newborn vomiting is always a cause for alarm. Let's try to understand it better and understand how to act and...
Fashion1 week ago
Not only in winter, tartan will also be worn in summer: the trend on the s/s 2023 catwalks
Fashion1 week ago
Ankle boots that have no age: the iconic Dr Martens are super trendy even in 2023
Recipes1 week ago
How do you make perfect baked potatoes (soft inside and crispy outside)? The infallible video recipe
Recipes1 week ago
Fried Friars, a Carnival sweet whose paternity is disputed