If you are looking for quick and easy desserts do not miss the cake of decorations, a typical recipe of the city of Bologna.
The cake of decorations, also known as rice cake, is a typical dessert of the city of Bologna prepared to celebrate the homonymous festival, established in 1470. Today known as Corpus Domini , it provided that all the windows and doors of the Bolognese houses were decorated with colored drapes to celebrate the passage of the procession with the image of Corpus Domini. On that occasion, the houses were open to departures and friends and there was the custom of serving this simple but very fragrant dessert , cut into lozenges.
The Bologna rice cake has a very specific recipe, filed with the Chamber of Commerce , but in fact every family has its own. Among the ingredients that just cannot be missing are milk, rice, candied fruit and the aroma of almond. Let’s find out together how it is prepared.
How to prepare the recipe for the cake of decorations
- First, bring the milk to the boil with the grated lemon zest, a pinch of salt, sugar and rice. Cook until the rice has almost completely absorbed the liquids, forming a cream.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the eggs, the diced cedar and the finely chopped almonds. Perfume with bitter almond extract.
- Pour everything into a greased mold covered with grated bread of about 30 × 40 cm . You will need to obtain a thickness of 3 cm.
- Cook at 180 ° C for 20 minutes then lower to 150 ° C and continue cooking for another 45 minutes.
- Once ready, prick the surface with a toothpick and sprinkle with the amaretto liqueur.
- Let it cool completely before serving it cut into diamonds.
If you are looking for other quick and easy recipes typical of Bolognese cuisine, we recommend you also try the fiordilatte , a very special dessert similar to a pudding.
The cake of decorations can be kept for 2-3 days well covered with plastic wrap.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...