The Sicilian almond granita is one of the best known thanks to its particular texture. The original recipe can be prepared both with and without an ice cream maker.
You can prepare almond granita both with whole almonds and with almond paste: if you make it with whole almonds you will get a coarser but very fragrant mixture, with the dough instead a more homogeneous and quick to prepare mixture. Usually the almond granita is eaten for breakfast, or snack, accompanied by a brioche.
We show you how to make the Sicilian almond granita recipe with the almond stick, both bought and homemade. Of course, if you buy the ready-made dough, you will only follow the last part of the procedure.
The preparation is easy and this drink will be just the right creamy and not too cloying !
How to make almond granita
First, prepare the almond paste stick . Then start with 150 g of almonds and the same amount of sugar: blend everything by adding cold water as required (calculate about 40 ml). This way you will get the right amount for the recipe. It is the same if you buy a ready-made block .
- Cut the 300 g of almond paste into pieces and place them in a tall bowl.
- Add the water and a pinch of salt .
- Blend everything first slowly and then to the maximum, in order to make the mixture fluffy and completely melt the almond stick.
- To get an authentic flavor you will need to strain the mixture . In this way, in fact, you will get a smoother and creamier slush and without residues that can cause discomfort. Once filtered, you will get the liquid for the almond granita on one side and the almond pulp on the other. The advice is to keep it aside to prepare the almond biscuits .
- Put the almond liquid in the freezer for 1 hour and break the ice crystals with a hand whisk, even if you use the ice cream maker.
- To make the almond granita without ice cream maker every 30 minutes you will have to turn the mixture in the freezer with the hand whisk , in order to break the ice crystals well. Slowly your granita will take on consistency, remaining creamy. It will take about 4 hours .
Almond granita with ice cream maker
- For the almond granita with ice cream maker , follow the recipe indicated up to point 5.
- Then, just insert the cold mixture into the ice cream maker and operate it for 30 minutes .
If you liked this recipe, you can't not try our lemon granita too: another great Sicilian classic !
Keep the Sicilian granita in the freezer for about a month . Before tasting it, it will be necessary to remove it from the freezer 10 minutes beforehand and then break the crystals by blending it to get it back to the right consistency.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Crunchy baked pumpkin crush: perfect for autumn
The crunchy squash squash is an excellent alternative to bread to serve as an appetizer. Here is the recipe to...
Comfy and practical: long live wide trousers, save looks for every occasion
For those days when you need a cocoon mood and more, the perfect women's wardrobe includes baggy trousers Bootcut, palazzo,...
Just for you, the video recipe for quick and easy puff pastry bread sticks
How to make puff pastry bread sticks? Here are the ingredients and recipe for making quick and very easy appetizers...
Much more than praline almonds: they are the stones of Abruzzo
Sassi d'Abruzzo are a typical dessert of a small town in Teramo, prepared with caramelized and flavored almonds. Finally, they...
Fashion1 week ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Recipes1 week ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes4 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition