Sicilian pasta… mouth-watering photos and video recipe!
Rich and tasty, Sicilian pasta is prepared with fried aubergines, tomato and mozzarella. Impossible to resist its goodness!
Sicilian pasta is one of those first courses that you cannot help but love. Either because it is very simple to prepare, or because it lends itself to being made in advance , once you discover the recipe you will never abandon it. The ingredients are reminiscent of those of the classic parmigiana, so we will find fried aubergines , tomato sauce and mozzarella which, however, instead of forming layers, will season the pasta.
Obviously there are those who prepare it with aubergines cooked in other ways such as baked or grilled, but unfortunately they lose a bit of what is the substance of the original Sicilian pasta recipe: the rich and slightly oily flavour . You can use the Sicilian sauce to season any type of pasta but the rigatoni are ideal. Let's find out together how to prepare baked Sicilian pasta with all the photo steps and the video recipe .
How to prepare the Sicilian pasta recipe
1. First wash the aubergines , remove the ends and cut the pulp into cubes about half a centimeter on each side.
2. In a frying pan, preferably an iron one, heat two fingers of seed oil and fry the aubergines a few at a time until they are golden brown. As they are ready, drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper.
3. Also prepare the tomato sauce: brown two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan with a clove of garlic .
4. Add the tomato puree, the basil leaves and a pinch of salt and cook for about 30 minutes , just long enough for the sauce to reduce.
5. Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water for a couple of minutes less than indicated on the package. It should be al dente.
6. Drain it and transfer it to a large bowl where you will also put almost all of the tomato sauce (except for 2-3 tablespoons), 2/3 of the diced and well-drained mozzarella, 3/4 of the aubergines and half of the Parmesan . Mix everything well.
7. Take a baking dish and pour the remaining sauce on the bottom.
8. Then add the seasoned pasta.
9. Complete with the remaining ingredients and cook at 180°C for 30 minutes .
10. Once ready, let the Sicilian pasta cool before serving.
This traditional Sicilian dish is really delicious. If, on the other hand, you are looking for something simpler, try the baked pasta with aubergines : you won't regret it!
Sicilian pasta can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days . At the time of consumption you can heat it in the oven, in a pan or in the microwave. It also lends itself to being frozen , preferably after baking, for up to 2 months. In this case, we advise you to let it thaw completely before reheating it.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
WHO advises against the use of sweeteners in diets. Let’s find out why!
The WHO has recently updated the guidelines discouraging the use of non-sugar sweeteners. Let's find out why and what are...
Pasta with courgette flowers
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Tricolor first course: tomato and burrata pasta
Tomato and burrata pasta is an ideal recipe to serve as a single dish, especially in summer. That's how simple...
June diet: the fresh and creative choice to lose weight
The June diet is a fresh and summery way to lose weight by eating with gusto. Let's find out which...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce