Rich and tasty, Sicilian pasta is prepared with fried aubergines, tomato and mozzarella. Impossible to resist its goodness!
Sicilian pasta is one of those first courses that you cannot help but love. Either because it is very simple to prepare, or because it lends itself to being made in advance , once you discover the recipe you will never abandon it. The ingredients are reminiscent of those of the classic parmigiana, so we will find fried aubergines , tomato sauce and mozzarella which, however, instead of forming layers, will season the pasta.
Obviously there are those who prepare it with aubergines cooked in other ways such as baked or grilled, but unfortunately they lose a bit of what is the substance of the original Sicilian pasta recipe: the rich and slightly oily flavour . You can use the Sicilian sauce to season any type of pasta but the rigatoni are ideal. Let's find out together how to prepare baked Sicilian pasta with all the photo steps and the video recipe .
How to prepare the Sicilian pasta recipe
1. First wash the aubergines , remove the ends and cut the pulp into cubes about half a centimeter on each side.
2. In a frying pan, preferably an iron one, heat two fingers of seed oil and fry the aubergines a few at a time until they are golden brown. As they are ready, drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper.
3. Also prepare the tomato sauce: brown two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan with a clove of garlic .
4. Add the tomato puree, the basil leaves and a pinch of salt and cook for about 30 minutes , just long enough for the sauce to reduce.
5. Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water for a couple of minutes less than indicated on the package. It should be al dente.
6. Drain it and transfer it to a large bowl where you will also put almost all of the tomato sauce (except for 2-3 tablespoons), 2/3 of the diced and well-drained mozzarella, 3/4 of the aubergines and half of the Parmesan . Mix everything well.
7. Take a baking dish and pour the remaining sauce on the bottom.
8. Then add the seasoned pasta.
9. Complete with the remaining ingredients and cook at 180°C for 30 minutes .
10. Once ready, let the Sicilian pasta cool before serving.
This traditional Sicilian dish is really delicious. If, on the other hand, you are looking for something simpler, try the baked pasta with aubergines : you won't regret it!
Sicilian pasta can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days . At the time of consumption you can heat it in the oven, in a pan or in the microwave. It also lends itself to being frozen , preferably after baking, for up to 2 months. In this case, we advise you to let it thaw completely before reheating it.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...