Small morsels of pleasure… pizza muffins!
Pizza muffins are an inviting appetizer that marries a classic of Italian cuisine with one of Anglo-Saxon cuisine.
These pizza muffins are not only delicious, but thanks to the use of instant yeast, they don't even require waiting for leavening. Mozzarella contains a lot of liquids, so we recommend letting it drain for a few minutes and squeezing it well (or using a more practical mozzarella for pizza ).
Furthermore, you can also fill the muffins with other cheeses, for example you can use provola, and add salami to your taste.
Preparation of pizza muffins
- Start by cutting the mozzarella into small cubes and set it aside (if you use the fresh one, put it to drain in a colander so that it loses part of its liquids).
- Pour the peeled tomatoes into a bowl and break them up, alternatively give them a few very light strokes with the hand blender. Season them with 15 g of oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C . In a bowl, sift the flour and instant yeast for savory pies very well.
- Add 200 ml of water, 20 g of EVO oil and a pinch of sugar
- Knead first in the bowl, and when the dough takes consistency pour it on the work surface.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and work with your hands until you have a soft and elastic dough .
- Divide the dough into eight equal balls, you can help yourself using a scale.
- With your hands, roll out each ball to form a small pizza and stuff it in the center with a little of the previously seasoned tomato and a few cubes of mozzarella.
- Reform the ball making sure that the filling remains inside
- Take a muffin pan and put a paper cup in each pan. Place each filled ball in a pirotino. To get the explosion effect, place the part of the ball with the closure facing up . Garnish the top of each ball of dough with a dash of tomato and a few more cubes of mozzarella well squeezed inside so it doesn't leak.
- Place the muffin mold in the oven and cook for 30 minutes (there may be variations in the times but it depends a lot on the power of your oven). Remove from the oven, let it cool slightly and serve while still hot.
Our pizza muffin video recipe!
This is our strange recipe for savory muffins with tomato and mozzarella pizza, but if you have a much more gluttonous mouth you can also prepare an excellent homemade pizza in just a few steps!
We recommend keeping these bites for a maximum of 2 days in a cool, dry place and putting them in the oven for a few minutes so that the cheese melts well (inside and out). We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Asparagus and bacon pasta, a mouth-watering first course! Recipe photos and videos
Simple, quick and tasty, pasta with asparagus and bacon is a perfect first course for all occasions. Here are our...
Since the 2000s with love: the Gucci Horsebit is the most Y2K shoulder it-bag of the moment
Horsebit 1955, Jackie 1961, the Gucci it-bags are the most desired and very soon the Horsebit 2003 chain will also...
Let’s find out how to prepare the perfect toast, the most popular dinner recipe
Tired of the usual trivial combinations? Take advantage of our ideas for a perfect mouth-watering toast. There is something for...
Post traumatic stress disorder: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the solutions
Post-traumatic stress disorder is a psychological response to a traumatic event. Let's find out how to recognize it and what...
Can you prepare a light chocolate cake? Yes, it’s crazy cake
The crazy cake is a light and delicious American cake, with an intense cocoa flavor but almost fat-free. Here is...