Summer savory pie: a recipe not to be missed to prepare an excellent summer single dish. Also excellent cold for buffets or aperitifs.
The summer savory pie stuffed with peppers, tomatoes and flavored with cheeses and aromatic herbs is an excellent summer single dish to prepare for lunch or dinner. This savory pie is excellent if enjoyed immediately after preparation, but it is also excellent lukewarm and for this reason it can also be served at buffets or aperitifs with friends.
Preparation of the savory pie with summer puff pastry
- Start by unrolling the puff pastry and lining a cake mold with it. Make the edges adhere well to the sides and prick the base with the prongs of a fork.
- Wash the peppers, cut them in half, remove the seeds and internal filaments then cut them into cubes.
- Sauté the peppers in a pan with oil and onion. Meanwhile wash the tomato, cut into cubes and remove the seeds .
- Transfer the cooked vegetables and tomatoes to a large bowl, add the julienne grated cheese, cream and eggs.
- Season with the aromatic herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the filling into the puff pastry disc and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20-30 minutes . Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly and serve. Enjoy your meal.
If you liked this recipe you can also try the one to prepare the savory pie with ricotta and spinach .
We recommend keeping the cake in the fridge for a maximum of 2 days , well covered with cling film. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...