Summer savory pie: a recipe not to be missed to prepare an excellent summer single dish. Also excellent cold for buffets or aperitifs.
The summer savory pie stuffed with peppers, tomatoes and flavored with cheeses and aromatic herbs is an excellent summer single dish to prepare for lunch or dinner. This savory pie is excellent if enjoyed immediately after preparation, but it is also excellent lukewarm and for this reason it can also be served at buffets or aperitifs with friends.
Preparation of the savory pie with summer puff pastry
- Start by unrolling the puff pastry and lining a cake mold with it. Make the edges adhere well to the sides and prick the base with the prongs of a fork.
- Wash the peppers, cut them in half, remove the seeds and internal filaments then cut them into cubes.
- Sauté the peppers in a pan with oil and onion. Meanwhile wash the tomato, cut into cubes and remove the seeds .
- Transfer the cooked vegetables and tomatoes to a large bowl, add the julienne grated cheese, cream and eggs.
- Season with the aromatic herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the filling into the puff pastry disc and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20-30 minutes . Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly and serve. Enjoy your meal.
If you liked this recipe you can also try the one to prepare the savory pie with ricotta and spinach .
We recommend keeping the cake in the fridge for a maximum of 2 days , well covered with cling film. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
A savory mix of flavors in the famous jambalaya
The term jambalaya indicates a famous Creole dish, typical of Louisiana, full of flavors, including rice, fish, meat and vegetables....
Ankle boots that have no age: the iconic Dr Martens are super trendy even in 2023
To be combined with striped shirts to follow the grunge style and even with elegant dresses, this is how Dr...
Zeppole di Carnevale: don’t call them pancakes!
At Carnival, every fried dish is therefore the go-ahead for our recipe for Carnival donuts: a truly amazing typical dessert....
Stress hyperglycemia: symptoms not to be underestimated
Stress hyperglycemia, like diabetes, should never be underestimated: let's see the symptoms and what to do in situations of this...
Homemade cheese with the Instan Pot: here is the ricotta
A few ingredients are enough to prepare a homemade fresh cheese. Here is the ricotta recipe with the Instant Pot....
Food1 week ago
Vegan diet: useful for the body and for the environment, here’s everything you need to know
Recipes1 week ago
How to cook with ginger: 10 recipes to make the most of it and enhance it
Beauty1 week ago
Sneakers brands: what are their most popular models?
Recipes6 days ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)