The zeppole dell'Immacolata are usually prepared in the area of Castellammare di Stabia on the occasion of Christmas.
Country you go, sweet you find. There is nothing more true than this statement, especially in Italy and especially for the holiday season. Every country, region and area has its own Christmas desserts and today we take you to Campania with the donuts of the Immaculate Conception. These pancakes of grown dough , i.e. leavened, are made in the period from November 27th to Christmas and in the preparation they are reminiscent of the Apulian breasts .
They are served covered with a sweet honey glaze , often flavored with aniseed and decorated with colored sprinkles. The procedure is very simple and, except for the leavening, also quite fast. Let's see how this typical sweet from Campania is prepared.
How to prepare the Immaculate Conception zeppole recipe
- Dissolve the brewer's yeast in the water and keep it aside.
- Combine the flour and sugar in a bowl, then slowly pour the water with the yeast, stirring with a kitchen spoon. You'll have to get a sort of batter : don't worry if it seems too soft. Let everything rise covered in cling film for 2-3 hours.
- After the leavening period, heat plenty of seed oil in a saucepan bearing in mind that the pancakes of the Immaculate Conception must be fried by immersion.
- With the help of two spoons, drop portions of dough directly into the boiling oil and fry until they are swollen, golden and crunchy . As they are ready, drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper.
- Arrange the donuts on a plate and prepare the glaze . Dissolve the water, sugar and honey in a saucepan, then add the aniseed to taste. Pour the syrup over the sweets then decorate with colored sprinkles. Serve immediately.
Preparing this Christmas recipe is really simple and the result is guaranteed. Serve it as a dessert to your guests and you will surely make them happy. Also, if you don't like anise, you can omit it or replace it with vanilla or lemon zest.
Since it is a fried dish, it is better to consume it as soon as it is done . You can keep it for a couple of days under a confectioner's hood.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
How to cook potatoes in the microwave in minutes: here are all the secrets!
If you're short on time but want to enjoy an excellent side dish, we'll explain how to cook potatoes in...
Let’s taste the lightness of the chocolate water muffins
Chocolate water muffins are super light and soft treats, to be made with just a few ingredients and without eggs...
Antidepressant foods: what they are and why they work
Antidepressant foods can help lift your mood and keep it stable over time. Let's find out which are the most...
From French cuisine comes the Rossini fillet, delicious and elegant
Fillet alla Rossini is a second course based on beef fillet, enriched with foie gras and black truffle. From French...
Black gums, causes and symptoms: the alarm bell of a serious problem
Black gums should never be underestimated because they could be the alarm bell of a serious problem. Have you noticed...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Fashion6 days ago
Paris Fashion Week 2023: The most beautiful and eccentric looks of the front row
Recipes1 week ago
Pici cacio e pepe: the video recipe of the first course prepared from scratch!
Beauty1 week ago
Degradé on brown hair: for each style its nuance