Tahchin: we prepare the typical Iranian dish at home
We prepare the Tahchin, a typical recipe from Iran and which consists of a particular timbale of rice with chicken with saffron.
You have certainly heard of it, but many of you – probably – have never had the opportunity to taste it in its borders of origins. The recipe for Tahchin Morgh is that of a particular ethnic dish, one of the leading products of Iranian cuisine . It consists of a particular timbale composed of a mix of flavors, very different from each other and distributed in two parts with different consistencies: one thinner and made of chicken fillets with saffron and one of rice. The typical Iranian dish is comfortably cooked in a pot, where an inviting crust forms in the upper part of the timbale.
Preparation of the recipe for Tahchin
- First, pour 100 ml of water into a saucepan and heat it. Then, pour in 1 sachet of saffron and mix to make it melt.
- Take a saucepan and place 20 g of butter on the bottom. Melt over the heat, then put the pieces of chicken inside, washed and cleaned.
- Chop two cloves of garlic and add them to the meat, along with a pinch of salt and half of the water and saffron mixture. Turn from time to time to obtain a homogeneous browning. Cook for 45 minutes .
- Once cooked, remove and set aside the chicken pieces. Collect the sauce, which has been created, in a container and put it in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 egg. Also add the yogurt and the other half of the water and saffron mixture.
- Stir and put the chicken pieces inside. Leave to marinate for a few hours .
- After this time, fill a saucepan with water and add salt. Cook the Basmati rice inside for the time indicated on the package (about 18 minutes). Drain it al dente .
- Take a clean non-stick pan and pour 1 sachet of saffron, a large glass of water (250 ml) and 150 g of butter. Put on the fire and let it melt for a few minutes.
- Take the chicken sauce, previously put in the fridge.
- Fill the pot alternating layers of rice with layers of chicken (marinated in yogurt) and layers of gravy.
- Cover with a tight cloth (so that it does not stick to the contents) and put the lid on top. Cook over medium-low heat for about 45 minutes .
- At the end of cooking, let the product cool in the container for 10 minutes, in order to allow the crust to detach from the bottom.
- To garnish, wash the Berberis berries. In a saucepan, melt 20 g of butter on the stove.
- Pour in the berries and sugar. Let it brown until the sugar dissolves, then turn off and let it cool.
- Uncover the pot with the timbale and place on a large plate. Turn the pot upside down and drop the Tahchin on the plate.
- Cover the surface with the garnish and serve.
With the same process and the same ingredients and flavors, you can make the Persian timbale of rice and lamb. Known as Tah chin-e barreh , this particular product is made by simply replacing the chicken with pieces of lamb, such as leg or shoulder.
The original recipe of this particular timbale belonging to Persian gastronomy is rich in flavors and should be tried at least once. If you have a certain amount left over, you can keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days .
From the Persian culture we have collected another unmissable preparation, that of thePersian love cake .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
How to adopt a natural skin care routine for healthy skin?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body, covering an average of 15% of the body weight of...
Simple and creamy, here’s how to prepare pasta with cream and zucchini
Among the first courses with zucchini that you absolutely must try is pasta with cream and zucchini, a little old-fashioned...
Strawberries in pregnancy: what you need to know about their consumption
One of the most common questions involving pregnant women is about the consumption of strawberries during pregnancy. Let's find out,...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce