For a vegetarian but tasty lunch, eggplant ravioli will be a first course to make at home in a few simple steps!
How many times would you like to prepare homemade ravioli but don’t know how to fill them in a different way? Today we offer you an idea … the aubergine ravioli represent a Mediterranean first course and, seasoned with cherry tomatoes, recall the flavors of pasta alla norma . For the perfect success of a tasty first course, use seasonal aubergines and cherry tomatoes with ricotta and quality olive oil.
Eggplant is a very versatile vegetable and in this genuine recipe it will be the protagonist of a creamy and fresh filling thanks to the presence of ricotta. Excellent especially for a Sunday summer lunch, it will please everyone!
Let’s find out how to prepare ravioli with eggplant and ricotta!
Preparation of the eggplant ravioli recipe
- Wash and trim the aubergine, and cut it into pieces .
- Brown a clove of garlic in two tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the aubergines. Add salt and cook over high heat until the vegetables are soft.
- Turn off the heat and mash the eggplant pieces with a fork to create a puree .
- Take a bowl and put the ricotta, grated cheese and pepper in it. Add the aubergines and mix.
- Put the mixture in a pastry bag and put it in the fridge.
- Wash and dice the cherry tomatoes. Brown a clove of garlic with a drizzle of oil in a pan and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Cook over high heat for a few minutes , then add salt, add a few basil leaves and cook over low heat for 10 minutes .
- Now pour the flour onto a work surface and add the eggs and 5 g of salt. Beat with a fork and then pour in 10 g of oil.
- Work with your hands until you get a homogeneous dough .
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll out each one with a rolling pin on the floured work surface, creating very thin sheets .
- Take the filling from the refrigerator and arrange the piles spaced along the sheets (half of those made).
- Cover each strip with an empty strip and press around the filling to make the two sheets adhere, eliminating all excess air .
- Cup the ravioli with a round mold and cook in salted boiling water for 5 minutes .
- Drain and transfer them to the pan, mixing them gently with the cherry tomatoes.
- Serve hot with some grated cheese!
The recipe is ready to be enjoyed. To further enrich it, we decided to add a few cubes of eggplant to the sauce to enhance its flavor in the dish!
Variations and tips for ravioli stuffed with aubergines
Did you know that… adding a tablespoon of olive oil to the cooking water will prevent the ravioli from sticking together?
If you prefer a creamier dressing, replace the cherry tomatoes with tomato sauce , and add a few cubes of mozzarella before serving. When making your fresh pasta you can decide to combine the tips of your ravioli to make some very nice eggplant tortelli!
You also have a wide choice of dairy products to use in the filling of your pasta. Try the eggplant and provolone ravioli: add half a grated provolone instead of ricotta in the filling.
We recommend consuming the aubergine ravioli immediately, but you can keep them raw in the freezer or refrigerator if you need to consume them within two days .
How about tasting Piedmontese ravioli ris e coi directly from the Langhe?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...