The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways.
The original recipe for the Roman regrown pizza consists of a kind of panbrioche. It is an incredibly soft dough which, however, must be worked several times. The leavening times are very long, so much so that it must rest for three days . The result pays off all the effort, as it is incredibly fragrant and crunchy on the outside.
Traditionally, it is prepared for Easter morning . In fact, it is considered the typical recipe for Easter breakfast. You can accompany this dough with a variety of ingredients, such as eggs, meats or cheeses. Plus, you can stuff it with sweet ingredients, like creams and chocolate, making it a sweet Easter pizza.
Preparation of the recipe for the regrown pizza
- Due to the long times, start the preparation a few days before, or from Wednesday to have it ready and delicious on Easter Sunday. Pour the water into a saucepan and heat it. Then, dip the brewer’s yeast and dissolve it in the liquid.
- In a bowl, pour 60 g of sifted flour. Add the water and yeast mixture and knead. Put the dough in a bowl, cover with cling film and let it rest for 3 days .
- After this time, resume working the dough. Add the remaining amount of flour, eggs and sugar. Knead vigorously.
- At this point, add the grated lemon zest.
- Obtained a homogeneous dough, put it back in a bowl, cover with cling film and let it rise for 24 hours .
- Subsequently, knead the dough again, beating it several times on a work surface.
- Take a cake pan with high edges and a diameter of 30 cm. Grease it and fill it with the dough. Cover with a clean cloth and let it rise for at least 5 hours .
- At this point, the Easter grown pizza is ready to bake. Bake in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for 45 minutes .
- After this time, turn off and leave the dough still in the oven off , until it cools down completely. The next day, it’s ready to be enjoyed!
Accompany this panbrioche with sweet ingredients or include raisins in the dough to make it even sweeter . Alternatively, you can stuff it with savory products , for example by serving an Easter cheese pizza.
You can keep it in an airtight container for 10 days .
Another traditional recipe not to be missed is that of the bride’s sighs or sweets !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...
Shakshuka, Israeli gravy eggs call the scarpetta
Shakshuka is a typical product of Israeli cuisine prepared with tomatoes, peppers and eggs and served with pita bread. Shakshuka...