They are part of the typical products of Puglia, but even a simple tarallo can become a tasty snack if revisited with turmeric and ginger.
Do you have guests for dinner and don’t know what to invent? The tradition of Apulian taralli is now spread throughout Italy, but why not break the monotony with the simple addition of turmeric and ginger? A recipe handed down from generation to generation, and then from region to region, until it becomes known all over the world. But like any good product wants, reinventing it in different ways will add a touch of whimsy to the usual routine. The ginger and turmeric taralli will be perfect for creating delicious aperitifs with friends or to dedicate yourself to a tasty break during a stressful day at work.
Don’t wait any longer, get to work immediately and let’s prepare this simple recipe together!
Preparation of the ginger and turmeric taralli recipe
- Let’s start preparing the dough for making 50 taralli . Take a large bowl and add flour, salt, ginger and turmeric.
- Pour the white wine and extra virgin olive oil and mix with your hands, mixing all the ingredients.
- Then transfer the dough to a work surface to continue kneading and to create a smooth and homogeneous dough .
- At this point, wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes .
- Take your dough again and divide it into small pieces.
- Create loaves 1 cm thick and 8-10 cm long, the ends of which will then be joined to create the classic shape of the tarallo. Man hand place them on a floured surface.
- Bring a pot of water with bicarbonate to the boil and dip the taralli a few at a time .
- When they come to the surface, drain them gently and place them on an absorbent cloth, then transfer them to a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat the static oven to 200 ° C and cook the taralli for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Take them out of the oven, and let yourself be intoxicated by their scent … what goodness!
Curiosities and variants of ginger and turmeric taralli
Do you know the benefits of ginger and turmeric taralli? Turmeric is rich in antioxidant, digestive and anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger helps prevent even colds and flu, and reduces pain of various kinds.
Ginger and turmeric taralli make you fat only if consumed in exaggerated quantities. They are highly energetic foods: if you eat them as a snack, the ideal for a good diet would be to consume about 5 pieces which correspond to 160 Kcal.
The pungent flavor of these ingredients will give an amazing touch to your taralli, but if you want to dare even more, we recommend you increase the dose of ginger to your liking or even use a note of chilli ! For lovers of aromatic spices, you can add chopped rosemary to the taralli dough.
You can keep the taralli in a tin or in any case airtight container for about a week , to prevent them from losing their fragrance and crispness. If you want to put aside the dough or some of the taralli already formed, you can freeze them and then bake them later.
Would you like to recreate pure tradition without reinterpretations? Here’s how to prepare the traditional Apulian taralli !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Are you looking for some quick biscuits? Try the nutellotti
All you need are 3 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to prepare nutellotti. And it takes even less to...
Pandora bijoux gift ideas 2022: charms and jewels to give and treat yourself
Among charms, rings to compose and necklaces, Pandora again this year suggests sparkling gifts for Christmas Jewels have always been...
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe