Light, digestible and easy to prepare: the vegan fried dumpling will be surprising for your delicious appetizers with friends!
The vegan fried gnocco without lard is the revisited version of the traditional Emilian recipe. While many cities remain faithful to the name of fried gnocco, in Parma this product is known as fried cake and in Bologna it is called crescentina . The classic dumpling is prepared with lard and milk, but today’s vegan recipe will replace these ingredients with vegetable oil which will make the finished product even more digestible and light.
Now known throughout Italy, this dish is usually found during events and village festivals, but it is also a good way to organize delicious appetizers and appetizers with friends by letting yourself be carried away by an exquisite frying.
Preparation of the fried dumpling recipe
- Dissolve the yeast in the water and add the soy milk and vegetable oil.
- Add half the flour, stirring, and then the other remaining half together with a pinch of salt.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes until it is sticky. Cover the dough in the bowl with a cloth and let it rest for 20 minutes .
- Take the dough back and knead it again until you get a more homogeneous dough. Transfer it to a well-covered container and let it rise for two hours in the oven with the light on.
- After the time has elapsed, move the dough onto a work surface and roll it out with a rolling pin until it becomes thin with a thickness of about 4 mm .
- Cut the thin dough with a wheel into small rectangles and heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Dip the raw gnocchi in the hot oil, turning them on both sides .
- Drain them on absorbent paper, stuff them and serve hot!
The vegan fried gnocchi can be accompanied by a cocktail or a glass of bubbles, and be enjoyed with vegan cheeses and cured meats. You can replace the flour 0 with that of type 1 or 2 , and the oil with 25 g of vegetable butter which you will instead add to the dough into chunks after adding the flour. If you add two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to the recipe you will get an even more fragrant taste.
Fried dumplings with avocado cream
A very tasty way is to savor the fried dumplings with an avocado cream: we are going to make a cream similar to guacamole which, however, differs in its ingredients that accompany the unmistakable flavor of the avocado. First, collect the pulp of two avocados and transfer them to a bowl; then add salt, pepper, nutmeg and a small onion, very finely chopped. Mix everything and your cream is ready to fill the gnocchi.
You can also bring the whole fried gnocchi to the table and then dip them one at a time in a handful of your avocado cream.
We do not recommend storage. Eat the hot and still fragrant fried dumplings!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Crunchy baked pumpkin crush: perfect for autumn
The crunchy squash squash is an excellent alternative to bread to serve as an appetizer. Here is the recipe to...
Comfy and practical: long live wide trousers, save looks for every occasion
For those days when you need a cocoon mood and more, the perfect women's wardrobe includes baggy trousers Bootcut, palazzo,...
Just for you, the video recipe for quick and easy puff pastry bread sticks
How to make puff pastry bread sticks? Here are the ingredients and recipe for making quick and very easy appetizers...
Much more than praline almonds: they are the stones of Abruzzo
Sassi d'Abruzzo are a typical dessert of a small town in Teramo, prepared with caramelized and flavored almonds. Finally, they...
Fashion1 week ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Recipes1 week ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes4 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition