Our aubergine cordon bleu is truly amazing, whether you decide to fry it or bake it. Here is the recipe.
If you are looking for quick seconds do not miss the aubergine cordon bleu. Perfect for those who follow a vegetarian diet , it can be prepared both in the pan and in the oven and the result is still excellent. After all, the crunchy breading and stringy filling are unmatched in any other recipe.
Pan-fried aubergine cordon bleu are prepared simply by pairing the aubergine slices two by two and placing a slice of smoked cheese in the center. If you are not interested in making a veg version you can also add one slice of cooked ham or an anchovy fillet to make the dish even tastier. Try them because they are one of the quick and easy recipes that will save your dinner!
How to prepare the eggplant cordon bleu recipe
- First wash the aubergines and remove the ends. Then cut them into slices half a centimeter thick with the help of a mandolin or a sharp knife. If they are of the narrow and long variety it is better to cut them for the long side, vice versa you can proceed as you prefer.
- Prepare all the ingredients necessary for the realization of the recipe: slice the smoked cheese, beat the eggs with the salt in a deep plate, pour the flour into a flat plate and combine the breadcrumbs in another dish.
- Pair the aubergine slices two by two by placing a slice of smoked cheese in the center. Press well with your hands then pass the vegetarian cordon bleu first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Fry them in a finger of boiling seed oil, turning them after about 5 minutes of cooking. They should be golden and crunchy and the aubergines well cooked.
- Drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper before serving.
The fried aubergine cordon bleu are really delicious and we recommend you also try the variant with potatoes and zucchini . To prepare the baked aubergine cordon bleu instead, after having breaded them, place them on a baking sheet lined with the special paper. Sprinkle them with a drizzle of oil and cook at 200 ° C for 20 minutes . Then serve them hot.
Eggplant cordon bleu can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days and when ready to eat, simply heat them in a pan or in the oven.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...