Ideal as a main course or single course, everyone really likes savory pies. Let’s find out today how to prepare the savory pie with asparagus.
This season, beautiful bunches of asparagus begin to appear in the fruit and vegetable section of the supermarket. This vegetable, of which there are also very valuable varieties such as white asparagus, is perfect for preparing dishes with a refined flavor . Today we will prepare a savory pie with asparagus, perfect as a second course.
For this recipe very few ingredients will be enough for the result will amaze you. In fact, to enhance the flavor of the asparagus, we will combine it with a few genuine ingredients. The result will be a kind of really tasty asparagus quiche. Today we will prepare the shortcrust pastry with asparagus, but you can also choose the classic puff pastry (in this case, be careful not to open the oven before it is completely cooked , otherwise the pasta will tend to sag).
How to prepare the asparagus and ricotta savory pie
- First we clean the asparagus. After rinsing them quickly under running water, slightly bend the end of the stem until it breaks. In this way you will deprive the asparagus of the woody part .
- Transfer them to a basket and steam them for up to 10 minutes (You can also leave them in boiling salted water).
- Then drain them, take a pan, melt a knob of butter and brown them adding the clove of garlic.
- Once ready, divide them into two groups. One part ( about 10-15 asparagus ) set aside without touching it. The second bunch of cooked asparagus cut them into pieces of the size you prefer.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cream, ricotta, two handfuls of grated cheese, chopped asparagus, salt and pepper and mix well with a spoon so that the filling blends perfectly.
- Unroll the shortcrust pastry and transfer it to a tart pan of about 26 centimeters in diameter.
- Prick the bottom with the tines of a fork and pour the filling . Complete with the whole asparagus by pressing them lightly so that they integrate well with the filling.
- Cook at 200 ° C for 30 minutes .
You should know that using mini tart molds you can serve single-portion asparagus pies, ideal for parties or savory buffets. Furthermore, if you want to try a slightly different preparation, you can also blend a part of the asparagus and incorporate them in the cream.
Another delicious recipe with asparagus is risotto : we recommend you try it!
Rustic asparagus cake with homemade shortcrust pastry
If you want to make the casket of your cake at home, there is nothing simpler, just a few ingredients and very little time to mix everything.
- 110 g of cold butter
- 200 g of flour 00
- 60 ml of cold water
- Salt to taste
- Take a bowl or a mixer with the blade and pour in the flour, a pinch of salt and the cold butter cut into cubes .
- Start the mixer for a few seconds, just long enough to give the ingredients a quick stir .
- Add the fresh water and operate the mixer again until the dough is no longer amalgamated and compact.
- At this point, turn everything upside down on a work surface and knead quickly until the dough is formed.
- Wrap it in cling film and put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Once the time has passed, and the filling has been prepared, take the dough out of the fridge, place it between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out with a rolling pin with a thickness of 3-4 mm at most before placing it on the cake pan.
And here in a few simple steps a rustic asparagus cake prepared from scratch. Furthermore, if you want to enrich the dish , add a few cubes of bacon, speck, or a few pieces of soft cheese such as provola, scamorza or mozzarella.
We recommend keeping your savory pie in the fridge for a maximum of 2-3 days, well covered in cling film. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe