The recipe for fennel with anchovies is perfect for those looking for a fast and different side dish. Here are all its secrets!
Are you looking for an idea to cook fennel so as not to always serve them raw in pinzimonio or boiled? We are ready to bet that fennel with anchovies are just the thing for you and preparing them is really simple.
In this case you must first cook the fennel in a pan with the anchovies and then pass them in the oven with the breadcrumbs to obtain a light gratin . Easy right? Let's see the details of the preparation immediately!
Preparation of fennel with anchovies
- Take the fennel, remove the beard, the hardest external parts and cut them into slices that are not too thin. Rinse the fennel under cold water.
- Take a pan, pour in a drizzle of oil and the garlic. Fry over a low flame, remove the garlic when it is golden brown and add the anchovies.
- Stir until the anchovies are completely dissolved , then add the fennel, sprinkle with about 1/2 glass of water and close with the lid. Cook for 8-10 minutes and only at the end of cooking adjust the flavor with salt and pepper if necessary .
- At this point, pour the fennel into a lightly greased baking dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, a few parsley leaves and place in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 15 minutes .
Fennel with anchovies, capers and olives: a tasty variation!
If you love the sweet taste of fennel and the contrast with stronger and more savory flavors , this variant is definitely for you. To prepare this dish you need to slightly modify the ingredients:
- 4 fennel
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 1 tablespoon of desalted capers
- 2 tablespoons of pitted black olives
- olive oil to taste
- parsley to taste
- Salt to taste
- pepper as needed
- After having cleaned, washed and cut the fennel as indicated in the previous procedure, brown the garlic in a pan with a drizzle of oil then remove it and add the anchovies.
- Wait for the anchovies to flake a little at a time, then add the fennel, wet them with water , cover with the lid and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking , add the capers and olives . After the last few minutes of cooking, pour all the ingredients into a baking dish, sprinkle with a little breadcrumbs, add a few parsley leaves and brown in the oven at 200 ° C for 15 minutes.
The fennel prepared in this way can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days after cooking. You can reheat everything in a pan or microwave before enjoying again.
How about trying the pan-fried fennel with pizzaiola ?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...