If you have guests and want to make a good impression, we recommend you try our pomelo chiffon cake, one of the most fragrant quick desserts ever.
The chiffon cake is a sweet of American origin whose name is inspired by the very light fabric of the same name. It is a sort of donut cooked in a particular mold that remains high and soft thanks to the combined action of cream of tartar and whipped egg whites. The pomelo chiffon cake can be considered a flavored variant, perfect for the most important occasions.
To give the cake its characteristic aroma you can use grated pomelo peel , as long as it is organic and untreated. Alternatively, choose another citrus fruit as pomelo, although the oldest citrus fruit grown by man, is not easy to find. So let’s see how to prepare this recipe.
How to prepare the pomelo chiffon cake recipe
- First, take the citrus peel and leave it to infuse in water for a couple of hours, taking care to hermetically close the container.
- Then divide the egg whites and yolks and whip the first ones until stiff using the electric whisk or the planetary mixer fitted with a wire whisk. When the foam begins to form, remember to add the cream of tartar.
- In a bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder, add the sugar and a pinch of salt and mix.
- Then incorporate the water mixed with the egg yolks, oil and grated lemon zest with the help of a whisk. Finally add the egg whites, mixing now with a kitchen spatula, from top to bottom and very gently so as not to disassemble the mixture.
- Transfer everything to a chiffon cake mold without buttering it and bake at 160 ° C for 70 minutes . Before taking out the oven, do the toothpick test.
- As soon as it comes out of the oven, turn the cake upside down on its feet and let it cool until it comes off by itself.
Serve the pomelo chiffon cake decorating with slices of pomelo and, to taste, a sugar glaze . If you are looking for other quick and easy recipes similar to this one, then throw yourself on the classic chiffon cake recipe and you will not regret it.
The chiffon cake can be kept under a cake bell for 3-4 days . Freezing is not recommended.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...