It takes very little to prepare the zucchini and saffron pasta and the result is a light first course perfect for the summer.
Finding quick and easy recipes to bring to the table as a first course or, why not, as a main course, is not that difficult. Zucchini and saffron pasta, for example, both in its simplest version and in the variant with pancetta , is perfect for this purpose. Like many delicious recipes, also in this case the cooking time of the pasta is more than enough for the preparation of the sauce.
The result is a vegetarian first course perfect for all occasions but ideal especially in summer when courgettes are in season. We love pasta with zucchini and in this version even more fragrant and colored with saffron there are really all the flavors you need to make the dish a real triumph.
How to prepare the zucchini and saffron pasta recipe
- First, cook the pasta in abundant salted water for the time indicated on the package.
- Meanwhile , finely chop the leek and brown it in a pan with oil and a pinch of salt.
- Wash the courgettes, remove the ends and cut them lengthwise first in four and then into chunks . This way they will cook faster. Add the courgettes to the pan and cook for 10 minutes , just long enough for them to soften.
- When cooked, drain the pasta, keeping half a ladle of cooking water aside in which to dissolve the saffron.
- Add the pasta to the sauce, pour the cooking water and quickly toss everything. Season with ground black pepper and serve immediately.
For a tasty and very tasty first course, try the variant with bacon and saffron. In this case it is sufficient to brown 150 g of diced bacon (sweet or smoked) together with the leek and then continue according to the recipe. Even the simplest pasta with zucchini and pancetta is excellent.
The courgette and saffron pasta can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days , well covered with plastic wrap. We recommend that you reheat it in a pan or microwave before consuming it.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...