Potatoes are the side dish par excellence, the one loved by everyone. Try our recipe for crispy pan-fried potatoes.
True, they are usually baked in the oven for convenience : just put them in the oven and forget about them for 35/40 minutes. Today, however, we prepare potatoes in a pan, a tasty side dish that goes well with any meat or fish dish.
For this recipe we have chosen yellow-fleshed potatoes , excellent for all preparations. We will explain how to get crispy potatoes in a pan without the possibility of error. You will get a simple side dish, ideal to take out every time you have guests and serve the roast.
So, are you ready to join us in the kitchen? Here is the recipe for roasted potatoes in a pan!
A tip: you can also blanch the potatoes for 5 minutes in boiling water and then cook them, the preparation will be even faster!
How to cook sautéed potatoes
- First, wash the potatoes well under running water. If you use an organic product you can keep the peel, otherwise I recommend you remove it with a potato peeler.
- Now divide your potatoes in half lengthwise, then into four and finally into wedges .
- Now take a pan, pour in a drizzle of oil, the garlic removed from the shirt and the chopped aromatic herbs. Brown the garlic for a few minutes then toss the potatoes, salt and pepper and let them brown for a few minutes.
- At this point, add 1 glass of water and close the pan with the lid. Cook over medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes .
- After this time, remove the lid and, if the potatoes are soft, raise the heat and toast the potatoes well for at least another 4-5 minutes. If, on the other hand, they are still hard, add a little water and close the lid again for a few minutes.
If you like, you can prepare a richer and tastier version simply by adding onion. To make this recipe a second dish, I recommend accompanying them with a simple fried egg or sausage.
Speaking of rich potatoes: don't miss the recipe for potatoes with bacon !
Pan-fried sandy potatoes
Potatoes with pan-fried breadcrumbs are very popular with everyone, because they give that extra something to the dish.
The preparation is very simple : boil the potatoes or cook them directly in the pan, and after they have made the crust, insert the breadcrumbs, which will stick to the surface creating a delicious crust. Be careful not to burn it, so check the times and level of the flame!
We recommend keeping the crispy potatoes in a pan for a maximum of 2 days in the fridge , well covered with cling film.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?