Potatoes are the side dish par excellence, the one loved by everyone. Try our recipe for crispy pan potatoes.
It's true, they are usually prepared in the oven for convenience : just bake them and forget about them for 35/40 minutes. Today, however, we are preparing pan-fried potatoes, a tasty side dish that goes well with any meat or fish dish.
For this recipe we have chosen yellow-fleshed potatoes , excellent for all preparations. We will explain how to get crispy potatoes in a pan without the possibility of error. You will get a simple side dish, ideal to show off every time you have guests and serve the roast.
So, are you ready to join us in the kitchen? Here is the recipe for pan roasted potatoes with step-by-step photos and video recipe !
A tip: you can also blanch the potatoes for 5 minutes in boiling water and then cook them, the preparation will be even faster!
How to cook stir-fried potatoes
1. First, wash the potatoes thoroughly under running water. If you use an organic product you can keep the peel, otherwise we advise you to remove it with a potato peeler.
2. Now divide your potatoes in half lengthwise, then into quarters and finally into wedges .
3. Now take a pan, pour a drizzle of oil into it, the garlic without its shirt and the chopped aromatic herbs. Brown the garlic for a few minutes then throw in the potatoes, salt and pepper and let them roast for a few minutes.
4. At this point add 1 glass of water and close the pan with the lid. Let it cook on medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes .
5. After this time, remove the lid and, if the potatoes are soft, turn up the heat and brown the potatoes well for at least another 4-5 minutes. If, on the other hand, they are still hard, add a drop of water and close the lid again for a few minutes.
If you like, you can prepare a richer and tastier version by simply adding some onion. To make this recipe a second course, I suggest you accompany them with a simple fried egg or sausage.
Speaking of rich potatoes: don't miss the recipe for potatoes with bacon !
Sandy potatoes in a pan
Pan-fried potatoes with breadcrumbs are very popular with everyone, because they give that extra something to the dish.
The preparation is very simple : boil the potatoes or cook them directly in a pan, and after they have formed a crust, add the breadcrumbs, which will stick to the surface creating a delicious crust. Be careful not to burn it, so check the times and flame level!
We recommend keeping the crispy potatoes in a pan for a maximum of 2 days in the fridge , well covered in transparent film.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...