If you love quick and easy recipes, Roman-style pasta and broccoli will be one of your favorite dishes. Let’s find out how to prepare it together!
Today we present the recipe for Roman-style pasta and broccoli soup, a dish that originates from the tradition of Roman cuisine. The dish usually involves the use of anchovies in its traditional and original version but, if you love vegan recipes, today we offer you a version in which we have decided to eliminate anchovies giving a touch of intense flavor by adding a pinch of red pepper. In the cookbooks you can find some variations of Roman-style pasta and broccoli soup with the addition of grated cheese that, in this vegan version, you will not find. For those who want to dare a little more with the taste, you can use vegan cheese or nutritional yeast flakes.
The use of Romanesco broccoli, the main ingredient and protagonist of many other delicious recipes, is fundamental. To recognize it, one must pay attention to some specific characteristics of this broccoli variety such as, for example, the light green color , the typical pointed shape and the outermost dark green leaves around the inflorescences.
Preparation of the recipe for Roman-style pasta and broccoli soup
- The first step is cleaning and cutting the broccoli , which must be washed under plenty of running water.
- After carrying out this procedure, cook the broccoli for about 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook it in a pressure cooker with only half a glass of water and for about 4 minutes. At the end of cooking, the broccoli should be drained.
- Insert a drizzle of oil into a pan and as soon as it is hot add the garlic, chilli and broccoli tops which must brown and take on flavor for a few minutes.
- Remove the garlic and add a tablespoon of tomato paste and, subsequently, the vegetable broth, leaving it to cook for another 10 minutes .
- After the time has passed, add the pasta and cook everything, stirring occasionally . If you want to add flavor, finish with some vegan cheese or nutritional yeast.
- Serve the soup hot and still steaming.
If any pasta remains, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2 days . Heat it in the microwave and in a small pan.
Also try the bobici soup !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...