If you love quick and easy recipes, Roman-style pasta and broccoli will be one of your favorite dishes. Let’s find out how to prepare it together!
Today we present the recipe for Roman-style pasta and broccoli soup, a dish that originates from the tradition of Roman cuisine. The dish usually involves the use of anchovies in its traditional and original version but, if you love vegan recipes, today we offer you a version in which we have decided to eliminate anchovies giving a touch of intense flavor by adding a pinch of red pepper. In the cookbooks you can find some variations of Roman-style pasta and broccoli soup with the addition of grated cheese that, in this vegan version, you will not find. For those who want to dare a little more with the taste, you can use vegan cheese or nutritional yeast flakes.
The use of Romanesco broccoli, the main ingredient and protagonist of many other delicious recipes, is fundamental. To recognize it, one must pay attention to some specific characteristics of this broccoli variety such as, for example, the light green color , the typical pointed shape and the outermost dark green leaves around the inflorescences.
Preparation of the recipe for Roman-style pasta and broccoli soup
- The first step is cleaning and cutting the broccoli , which must be washed under plenty of running water.
- After carrying out this procedure, cook the broccoli for about 15 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook it in a pressure cooker with only half a glass of water and for about 4 minutes. At the end of cooking, the broccoli should be drained.
- Insert a drizzle of oil into a pan and as soon as it is hot add the garlic, chilli and broccoli tops which must brown and take on flavor for a few minutes.
- Remove the garlic and add a tablespoon of tomato paste and, subsequently, the vegetable broth, leaving it to cook for another 10 minutes .
- After the time has passed, add the pasta and cook everything, stirring occasionally . If you want to add flavor, finish with some vegan cheese or nutritional yeast.
- Serve the soup hot and still steaming.
If any pasta remains, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2 days . Heat it in the microwave and in a small pan.
Also try the bobici soup !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...