A poor but tasty dish: the pasta and potatoes recipe with photos and videos
Cheap, nutritious and with an irresistible flavour: let's discover all the secrets of pasta and potatoes, the humble dish of Italian cuisine which has become a timeless classic.
Pasta and potatoes is a poor and traditional dish of Italian cuisine, particularly common in the central-south of the country. It is often considered a "hearty" dish, as the starch in the potatoes combines with the pasta to create a thick, creamy texture . The classic version of the recipe calls for the use of vegetable broth or water as the cooking liquid, but there are also variations that call for the use of tomatoes or other ingredients such as sausage or vegetables.
Despite its simplicity, pasta and potatoes represent a complete meal, which can be enriched with the addition of grated cheese, chilli pepper or fresh parsley. Thanks to its versatile nature, this dish can be prepared in many different ways , adapting to the preferences and needs of each diner.
Preparation of pasta and potatoes
1. Chop celery, carrot and onion and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, sauté the vegetables, together with the garlic, the olive oil and you can also add the diced bacon (however, this step is optional ).
3. Once the sautéed vegetables have been made, remove the garlic, add the tomato paste and the peeled and diced potatoes.
4. Cook over low heat for a few minutes, then pour about 650 ml of hot water , wash and grate the rinds of cheese on the outside and cook for about 30-40 minutes (continuing to stir) until the potatoes they will be fully cooked. You can add more water if needed if it gets too dry.
5. Now add the pasta, add another 200-300 ml of boiling water and cook for the time indicated on the package, stirring frequently. You will see that, during cooking, your pasta and potatoes will become more and more creamy, in fact it doesn't have to be a soup . For this reason we advise you not to add too much water immediately but, if necessary, add it gradually while the dish is cooking.
6. Season with salt and pepper and serve, adding grated cheese to taste.
Neapolitan pasta and potatoes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days in an airtight container. However, the consistency of the dish may change during storage, as the starch in the potatoes tends to make the sauce thicker and more compact. Also, during storage, the pasta may absorb more liquid, making it softer.
To reheat the pasta and potatoes, you can add a little water to soften it, and then heat it in a saucepan or in a microwave oven. It's important to heat the dish gradually and stir it often, to prevent the sauce from becoming too thick or the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
WHO advises against the use of sweeteners in diets. Let’s find out why!
The WHO has recently updated the guidelines discouraging the use of non-sugar sweeteners. Let's find out why and what are...
Pasta with courgette flowers
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Tricolor first course: tomato and burrata pasta
Tomato and burrata pasta is an ideal recipe to serve as a single dish, especially in summer. That's how simple...
June diet: the fresh and creative choice to lose weight
The June diet is a fresh and summery way to lose weight by eating with gusto. Let's find out which...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce