For lunch, try lagane and chickpeas, an original recipe from Campania rich in flavor. To accompany the legumes is a typical homemade pasta.
That of lagane and chickpeas is a Cilento recipe, spread a little throughout the south. There are also characteristic versions of this typical product in Basilicata and Calabria. In general, the original recipe calls for a healthy legume-based dressing. The real peculiarity is the fresh pasta that is prepared with few ingredients: only water and flour. To characterize it is the shape, because they look a lot like noodles with a wider shape . With just a few elements, you can create a winter first course that is delicious and light.
Preparation for the recipe of lagane and chickpeas
- The first step must be done much earlier, because you have to soak the dried chickpeas for 1 full day in cold water. Afterwards, drain them and put them in a pot, full of water, to boil them for 1 hour (or the time indicated on the package).
- Prepare the fresh pasta. Sift the flour and drop it into a bowl. Pour over 150 ml of water (at room temperature), flush .
- Add a pinch of salt and knead vigorously. Obtain a small firm and homogeneous dough and leave it in the bowl, covering it with cling film . Let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- After this time, put the dough on a floured surface and roll it out with a rolling pin, to obtain a very thin sheet.
- Then, make a lot of fettuccine, 1 cm wide or a little more . Place them on a floured semolina paper tray and cover with a cloth.
- Take a saucepan and pour the oil. Peel a clove of garlic, divide it in half and put it to brown in the pan on the fire.
- Open a chilli pepper, remove the seeds and cut it in half. Remove the garlic and replace it with the chilli.
- Add the chickpeas (previously drained), pepper and salt to the pan. To make the result more juicy you could add two ripe tomatoes, but it will still be succulent.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes .
- After this time, turn off and cook (separately) the lagane. Fill a saucepan with water and add salt, when it comes to a boil, dip the fresh pasta inside. Cook for a few seconds .
- Then, transfer them to the pot that contains the chickpeas and stir for less than 1 minute. At this point, it is ready to be served.
That of lagane and chickpeas is a perfect recipe for winter days. The best advice is to enjoy it hot and not to store it. You can, however, prepare the pasta much earlier and freeze it raw , keeping it on a floured tray.
Have you tried the goodness of pasta with chickpeas and rocket ?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...