A southern first course, here is lagane and chickpeas
For lunch, try lagane and chickpeas, an original recipe from Campania rich in flavor. To accompany the legumes is a typical homemade pasta.
That of lagane and chickpeas is a Cilento recipe, spread a little throughout the south. There are also characteristic versions of this typical product in Basilicata and Calabria. In general, the original recipe calls for a healthy legume-based dressing. The real peculiarity is the fresh pasta that is prepared with few ingredients: only water and flour. To characterize it is the shape, because they look a lot like noodles with a wider shape . With just a few elements, you can create a winter first course that is delicious and light.
Preparation for the recipe of lagane and chickpeas
- The first step must be done much earlier, because you have to soak the dried chickpeas for 1 full day in cold water. Afterwards, drain them and put them in a pot, full of water, to boil them for 1 hour (or the time indicated on the package).
- Prepare the fresh pasta. Sift the flour and drop it into a bowl. Pour over 150 ml of water (at room temperature), flush .
- Add a pinch of salt and knead vigorously. Obtain a small firm and homogeneous dough and leave it in the bowl, covering it with cling film . Let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- After this time, put the dough on a floured surface and roll it out with a rolling pin, to obtain a very thin sheet.
- Then, make a lot of fettuccine, 1 cm wide or a little more . Place them on a floured semolina paper tray and cover with a cloth.
- Take a saucepan and pour the oil. Peel a clove of garlic, divide it in half and put it to brown in the pan on the fire.
- Open a chilli pepper, remove the seeds and cut it in half. Remove the garlic and replace it with the chilli.
- Add the chickpeas (previously drained), pepper and salt to the pan. To make the result more juicy you could add two ripe tomatoes, but it will still be succulent.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes .
- After this time, turn off and cook (separately) the lagane. Fill a saucepan with water and add salt, when it comes to a boil, dip the fresh pasta inside. Cook for a few seconds .
- Then, transfer them to the pot that contains the chickpeas and stir for less than 1 minute. At this point, it is ready to be served.
That of lagane and chickpeas is a perfect recipe for winter days. The best advice is to enjoy it hot and not to store it. You can, however, prepare the pasta much earlier and freeze it raw , keeping it on a floured tray.
Have you tried the goodness of pasta with chickpeas and rocket ?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Impossible to resist the cherry strudel
There is nothing better than a cherry strudel to round off the evening. Serve it with a scoop of ice...
Delicious turmeric and zucchini risotto
Today we're preparing turmeric and zucchini risotto, a first course listed among the gluten-free recipes par excellence: delicious! Who doesn't...
ASMR: what it is and how it manages to reconcile sleep and relaxation
ASMR is a phenomenon that has spread more and more in recent years and which consists of watching but, above...
Dark elbows? Here are some simple and immediate natural remedies
Dark elbows are a really common problem. Let's find out how to solve it with natural remedies. That of dark...
Let’s discover a typical dish of Lazio cuisine: pan-fried Roman saltimbocca (with photos and videos)
If you don't know how to make saltimbocca alla romana, now is the time to fix it: here is the...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce