Today we present one of the most popular quick and easy recipes. This is the rocket and walnut pesto, a delicious quick sauce!
The rocket and walnut pesto recipe is a valid alternative to the traditional Genoese pesto, very popular throughout our country. The vegan rocket and walnut pesto, however, stands out for its distinct and particular taste given precisely by the light spiciness given by the rocket. In addition, the use of walnuts gives an even more full-bodied flavor.
That proposal is a light recipe that adapts to any type of food style . With this sauce it is possible to prepare a delicious pasta with rocket pesto very simply and quickly. Of course, if you do not follow a vegan diet, you can add grated cheese of your choice between pecorino and parmesan to the recipe.
Let’s see, therefore, the ingredients and the procedure.
Preparation of the recipe for rocket and walnut pesto
- Start preparing the rocket and walnut sauce by washing the rocket and drying it well with a cloth.
- Put the rocket in a kitchen mixer and add the salt, walnuts and oil. Activate the robot at medium speed .
- Work it according to your taste: a little and jerky if you like it coarser, at medium and constant speed if you prefer a creamy consistency .
- After a few minutes your vegan rocket and walnut pesto will be ready to taste.
How to prepare pasta with rocket pesto and light walnuts
If you want to dress a good pasta with freshly prepared pesto proceed in this way.
- Cook the pasta shape you like best. As soon as it is cooked, drain the pasta and set aside a cup of cooking water .
- Season the pasta with the amount of pesto you prefer, choosing between leaving it lightly seasoned or adding to the sauce.
- If it is a bit dry, add a couple of tablespoons of cooking water that you set aside earlier and mix everything well to make the pasta very creamy.
- Before serving, complete with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and small walnuts to give the dish a little crunchiness.
- If you are not vegan, you can add grated cheese both when preparing the pesto and when mixing everything in the pot. In any case, the dish should be enjoyed hot.
This quick gravy can be stored in several ways. First of all, it can be stored in the refrigerator in airtight containers for up to 5 days. Alternatively, it is possible to freeze it in small portions to always have a tasty sauce ready with which to prepare a pasta or delicious bruschetta. Finally, if you want to have an original gift idea, you can keep the pesto longer in sterilized jars . Remember, in this case, to cover the surface with plenty of oil.
Also try the Genoese pesto recipe!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Are you looking for some quick biscuits? Try the nutellotti
All you need are 3 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to prepare nutellotti. And it takes even less to...
Pandora bijoux gift ideas 2022: charms and jewels to give and treat yourself
Among charms, rings to compose and necklaces, Pandora again this year suggests sparkling gifts for Christmas Jewels have always been...
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe