If you love quick and easy recipes, you should definitely discover how to prepare grape jelly, excellent both with cheeses and for breakfast.
Grape jelly is a preparation that in a certain sense resembles that of jam. The ideal period to prepare it is September , that of the harvest, when the grapes are freshly picked and in season. As you will see, it is possible to prepare both black and white grape jelly, the procedure is the same.
To make it, however, you will need to have an extractor or a centrifuge available in order to obtain the juice of the grapes . This is certainly the quickest and most effective way to proceed with the recipe. Once ready you can decide to serve it with cheeses or enjoy it for breakfast spread on bread.
How to prepare the grape jelly recipe
- Wash the grapes well after removing all the waste and pass them in the extractor or centrifuge until you have obtained as much juice as possible.
- Weigh it and write down how much you got because then you will need the same weight of sugar and each fruit contains different doses of juice.
- Pour the juice and pectin into a sufficiently large pot and bring to a boil. After a minute, add the sugar a little at a time, letting it simmer for the next 5 minutes .
- Remove from the heat, stirring until the foam is absorbed, then bring it to the boil again for one minute.
- Distribute the hot mixture in the sterilized glass jars . Close with a new cap and turn upside down, allowing to cool at room temperature until the vacuum is formed. Then put away in the pantry.
Preparing white grape jelly is equally simple and all you have to do is get this grape variety. The idea of choosing seedless fruit is also excellent: you will get an even clearer jelly. Alternatively, we recommend that you try our grape jam .
Grape jelly can be stored in the pantry for one year . Once opened, however, it should be placed in the refrigerator and consumed within a week.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...