The fried anchovy balls are really simple to prepare and with their strong flavor they will conquer everyone.
It's impossible to resist meatballs, whatever the main ingredient. Today we offer you a particular version , also perfect to serve as an appetizer during the holidays: anchovy meatballs. Very simple to prepare, they have an intense flavor which, together with the aromatic herbs and grated lemon peel, makes them truly irresistible.
The fried anchovy balls require few ingredients while as regards the steps they do not differ much from the classic fish balls. Our advice, however, is to avoid blending the anchovies and prefer cutting them with a knife so as to at least partially maintain the consistency of this oily fish.
How to make anchovy meatballs recipe
- First, chop the cleaned anchovies with a knife and transfer them to a bowl. You don't need to be too precise.
- Also chop the garlic and parsley, essential for flavoring the mixture, then add them to the fish together with the other ingredients: grated lemon zest, pecorino cheese, eggs, a pinch of salt and breadcrumbs just enough to make the mixture more compact.
- Form meatballs about the size of a walnut, rolling them well between your hands and, as they are ready, place them on a plate.
- In a pan, heat plenty of seed oil and fry the meatballs until they turn golden.
- Drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper before serving. We advise you to accompany them with a squeeze of lemon at the most.
The anchovy meatballs are good when freshly made , piping hot and golden brown. However, if you want to prepare them in advance, our advice is to heat them in a pan before serving them.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
How to cook potatoes in the microwave in minutes: here are all the secrets!
If you're short on time but want to enjoy an excellent side dish, we'll explain how to cook potatoes in...
Let’s taste the lightness of the chocolate water muffins
Chocolate water muffins are super light and soft treats, to be made with just a few ingredients and without eggs...
Antidepressant foods: what they are and why they work
Antidepressant foods can help lift your mood and keep it stable over time. Let's find out which are the most...
From French cuisine comes the Rossini fillet, delicious and elegant
Fillet alla Rossini is a second course based on beef fillet, enriched with foie gras and black truffle. From French...
Black gums, causes and symptoms: the alarm bell of a serious problem
Black gums should never be underestimated because they could be the alarm bell of a serious problem. Have you noticed...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Fashion6 days ago
Paris Fashion Week 2023: The most beautiful and eccentric looks of the front row
Recipes1 week ago
Pici cacio e pepe: the video recipe of the first course prepared from scratch!
Health1 week ago
Autism spectrum disorders: what they are and how they manifest in children