Preparing fish cannelloni is really simple and once you discover the recipe you won't be able to do without it.
It's true, when it comes to cannelloni, the first thought goes to those filled with meat and then to lean ones. However, in an equally simple way, it is possible to make delicious fish cannelloni suitable for important lunches and dinners entirely dedicated to this precious ingredient. We have used two types of fish, hake and prawns , skilfully scented with lemon and parsley.
We opted for cannelloni filled with fish without béchamel, preferring cream instead. In fact, we find that the more delicate flavor of the latter does not overpower the delicate one of the fish. Finally, to make the filling creamier, you will need ricotta cheese . Curious to find out how they prepare?
How to prepare the fish cannelloni recipe
- First, make sure the hake has no thorns, then cut it into chunks, without being too precise. Keep in mind that you can also use defrosted fillets .
- Transfer the hake and the prawns into a mixer, flavor with the grated rind of half a lemon and flavor with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pink pepper. Blend until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour everything into a bowl, add the ricotta, the freshly chopped parsley and mix well. Then put the filling in a pastry bag with a smooth and large nozzle and keep aside.
- Blanch the cannelloni in boiling salted water for 2 minutes then transfer them to a tea towel to cool. Stuff them with the filling and as they are ready place them in a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Mix the cream with the Parmesan and pour it over the cannelloni then bake at 180°C for 30 minutes . Let them cool before serving them.
As mentioned, we have chosen cream because of its more delicate flavour, but you can also replace it with béchamel : you will get an even richer and more substantial dish.
You can prepare the fish-filled cannelloni a few hours in advance and keep them in the refrigerator until it's time to put them in the oven. Once cooked, however, it is possible to keep them covered in plastic wrap, in the fridge, for a couple of days.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...