A comfortable dish that will warm you up on cold evenings: artichoke and potato cream with garlic croutons.
Artichoke and potato cream with garlic croutons is a great way to enjoy artichokes, which are in season in the cold months. Artichokes are exceptional diuretics , and are rich in beneficial elements for the body such as iron, potassium, phosphorus and magnesium. These vegetables are also purifying, allies against liver disease and effective in preventing kidney stones.
This cream, velvety and tasty, is enriched with onions (white or red from Tropea) and potatoes, while croutons flavored with garlic are essential to give a touch of crunchiness. A good extra virgin olive oil to dress, and the cream will be complete and… fantastic!
Preparation of the artichoke and potato cream with garlic croutons
- Start by cleaning the artichokes thoroughly, removing the woody part of the stem, and then put them in a little water acidulated with lemon.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks, and finely chop the white or red onion .
- Cut the well cleaned artichokes into wedges.
- Heat some extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan, and then just fry the onion.
- At this point, add the artichokes and potatoes, add salt, and then add just enough hot water, in order to cook everything.
- When the vegetables are cooked, blend them with an immersion blender and season with pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- Toast some slices of bread in the oven, rub them with the garlic and then cut them into cubes to form croutons with which to enrich the artichoke cream.
- Serve your artichoke and potato cream with garlic croutons hot.
Do you also love this fascinating and tasty vegetable? There are tons of artichoke recipes to discover!
Keep the cream and croutons separately. The first in the fridge for a maximum of 1-2 days and in a container with a lid. The second courses put them in a paper bag for bread and keep them in a cool and dry place for a few days.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Types of perm: how many there are and what effect they give to the hair
How many types of permanents are there? Let's find out all of them and see if there is also an...
Homemade Russian salad, the Queen of all appetizers!
Russian salad, the timeless and perfect appetizer for a delicious dinner: here are the ingredients and how to prepare it...
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion7 days ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe