If you don’t know what to cook for dinner, the asparagus omelette is the perfect recipe for you. Here’s how we prepare it.
The combination of eggs and asparagus is undoubtedly one of the most successful but in addition to the more classic one which involves cooking eggs with a bull’s eye, there are others equally simple and delicious. We are talking about the asparagus omelette, one of the quick and easy recipes that you can prepare in spring when this precious vegetable is in season.
Good as a main course but also perfect for filling sandwiches or to be enjoyed during trips out of town, the omelette with asparagus is really simple to prepare. Then you know, when it comes to delicious recipes we just can’t hold back and we assure you that it is. The choice is yours whether to prepare it with green, white or wild asparagus: the result as well as the procedure do not change.
How to prepare the asparagus omelette recipe
- First, wash the asparagus and remove the final part of the stem, which is too hard to be consumed. Then keep the tips whole and cut the rest into slices of half a centimeter thick.
- Cook the asparagus in a pan with half the oil and the clove of garlic for 10 minutes , adding salt and pepper to the last. When cooked, they should be tender but not undone.
- Separately, beat the eggs with the Parmesan, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper and the milk.
- Add the asparagus remembering to remove the garlic clove and mix quickly.
- Oil the pan with the remaining oil and heat it well before adding the egg mixture. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes over medium heat.
- With the help of the lid, turn the omelette and continue cooking on the other side for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the omelette hot, at room temperature or cold: it will still be excellent.
As mentioned in the introduction, we recommend that you also try the classic combination of asparagus and eggs : you will feel what a delight.
The omelette can be kept in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container, for a couple of days . You can eat it at room temperature or by heating it slightly in a pan or microwave.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...