Here is the recipe for baked artichokes, a delicious side dish to combine with meat or fish main courses.
Baked artichokes are a delicious way to enjoy this wonderful vegetable. There are many ways to prepare it, and one of our favorites is to stuff them with a breadcrumbs flavored with onion, egg and herbs, but they can also be made without the gratin, for a simpler but still delicious result.
So let’s see the recipe for making them au gratin and a lighter variant . You are ready? Then let’s get started!
How to cook artichokes in the oven
- Start by cleaning the artichokes by removing the hardest and most thorny outer leaves, then put them to soak in water acidulated with vinegar or lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling : peel the onion and chop it finely, do the same with the garlic and mash it and finally chop the parsley.
- Drain the artichokes, blanch them for 10 minutes in boiling water and then remove them from the water and season with oil, aromatic herbs and garlic cloves. Cover with cling film and leave to flavor for 10-15 minutes .
- Brown the onion in a pan with garlic and oil, then when it becomes transparent, turn off the heat and let it cool . Remove the garlic, then pour the onion into a bowl and add the breadcrumbs, parsley, cheese and finally salt and pepper.
- Stuff the artichokes with the filling and then arrange them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Also spread the garlic cloves and the aromatic herbs used to flavor the artichokes in the pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C and cook for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown. Serve hot , and enjoy your meal!
This baked artichoke hearts recipe is adaptable in a thousand ways. You can also decide to cut them into 4 parts or into strips and then cover them with the sauce and the crunchy part before putting them in the oven. In this way the cooking will be shorter, you can also try to taste them after 10-15 minutes .
Simple baked artichokes
As an alternative to the baked gratin artichokes we have just seen, you can also prepare simple artichokes.
- Once you have cleaned them, divide them in half, and remove the inner beard if necessary.
- At this point, after having left them to soak in water and lemon , season them with salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and garlic.
- Put them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper and distribute the herbs, including parsley and a few cloves of garlic.
- Drizzle with a little more oil and then cook at 190 ° C for about half an hour, until the artichokes are tender .
- Serve them as an accompaniment to the dish you like best!
The variant of the stuffed artichokes in the oven
If you want our opinion, this recipe will also make you jump in your chair for how good it is. To prepare it you will need the same ingredients you read in the first version of the dish, plus we recommend adding 1 egg.
- After having cleaned the vegetables thoroughly, take the edible part of the stem (the innermost soft one) and boil everything in a pot with water and lemon for about 5-10 minutes .
- Now prepare the filling by adding all the other ingredients to a bowl, a few handfuls of grated cheese and the blended artichoke stems.
- Mix well until you get a moist but not too wet one.
- Stuff the heads of the artichokes and place them in a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Complete with a bite of breadcrumbs in each artichoke, a drizzle of oil and then bake at 180 ° C for about 20 minutes .
All the variations of these delicious crispy baked artichokes we recommend consuming them within 1 day of making them. You can keep the dish in the fridge, well covered with cling film or inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Crunchy baked pumpkin crush: perfect for autumn
The crunchy squash squash is an excellent alternative to bread to serve as an appetizer. Here is the recipe to...
Comfy and practical: long live wide trousers, save looks for every occasion
For those days when you need a cocoon mood and more, the perfect women's wardrobe includes baggy trousers Bootcut, palazzo,...
Just for you, the video recipe for quick and easy puff pastry bread sticks
How to make puff pastry bread sticks? Here are the ingredients and recipe for making quick and very easy appetizers...
Much more than praline almonds: they are the stones of Abruzzo
Sassi d'Abruzzo are a typical dessert of a small town in Teramo, prepared with caramelized and flavored almonds. Finally, they...
Fashion1 week ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Recipes1 week ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes4 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition