Baked olives can be a very useful appetizer or preserve to have at home because they lend themselves well to any occasion.
As for the recipe for baked olives, the paternity is not yet well known, some say they come from Sardinia and some from Sicily . The fact is that it is one of the most reproduced regional recipes in all of Italy. The Sardinian recipe of baked black olives requires that they are first put in salt for at least ten days or until they have a sweetish taste , after which they must be thoroughly rinsed, dried and then cooked in the oven.
The preparation, following the step-by-step recipe, of cooked olives is not difficult. Once the olives are dried in the oven, all that remains is to season them in the way you prefer. After that, the black olives in the oven are to be preserved, after we will explain how to do it. Let’s see, then, how to make oven-dried olives, how to season them and how to store them.
Preparation of the recipe for black olives in the oven
- To make fresh baked black olives, the first thing to do is to choose ripe black olives. preferably those that are still attached to the branches of the tree, therefore not fallen and that do not have particular imperfections.
- After having collected or purchased the fresh black olives, wash them carefully to remove the residues of earth and dirt.
- At this point, fill a fairly large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Once it has boiled, drop the olives, boil them for about 5 minutes and drain.
- After that, transfer the olives to a clean, dry cloth and dry them very well. Pour them into a bowl and season with extra virgin olive oil , oregano, salt and minced garlic cloves.
- Mix very well and transfer the seasoned black olives on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and cook them in a preheated oven at 160 ° C for about 40 minutes . Let them cool completely and grease them with more oil before serving.
Although black olives are usually used for this preparation, you can also prepare it with baked green olives. In this case, however, put them in salt for about ten days to make them lose the excess liquid.
Once ready, pour the olives into a glass jar and place them in the fridge. They will keep for a month.
Have you ever tried the recipe for fried olives ?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...