Baked fennel with cheese are delicious and inviting, perfect for an original and tasty side dish.
Today we prepare fantastic baked fennel with bechamel, a rich and perfect dish both for a side dish and for a substantial single dish. To make this course you can use different ingredients, and we have chosen to propose a classic variant with béchamel and cheese, and another even more delicious and particular: fennel cutlets .
Let’s go straight to the kitchen and discover these two delicious recipes with fennel together!
How to cook breaded fennel in the oven
- Wash the fennels and cut them into slices, then blanch them for about ten minutes in boiling salted water. Once they are ready, drain and let them dry.
- Take an ovenproof dish and arrange the fennel hearts, then cover them with the bechamel, grated cheese, sliced or diced provolone, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix everything and complete with a good sprinkling of breadcrumbs, which will facilitate the formation of the crust.
- At this point you just have to bake in the oven at 200 ° C for about 20 minutes , until the surface is golden and crunchy. Enjoy your meal!
The variant: baked fennel cutlets
Surely all of you have heard of the Milanese cutlet , whose fame precedes it in Italy and beyond. This particular variant of the classic recipe of baked fennel au gratin takes its point from the famous steak, and is a tasty alternative to the traditional dish.
You can also serve these fennel as a side dish, but they are so delicious that they are also suitable as a main course. In short, if you’ve never tried them, it’s time to cook them. Ready go!
Ingredients for the recipe of fennel cutlets with cheese (for 4 people)
- 4 hearts of fennel
- 80 g of flour
- 100 g of breadcrumbs
- 60 g of fontina
- 3 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Pepper as needed
- First, take the fennel and clean them thoroughly, removing the parts that are too hard and the outer leaves.
- At this point, once the hearts have been obtained, cut them in half and then again into slices.
- Let’s move on to the breading. Today we will bread the fennel first in flour and then in breadcrumbs, to give even more flavor to the recipe. But if you want, you can also use just breadcrumbs.
- Beat three eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper, adding a tablespoon of milk to the mixture.
- Meanwhile, cut some cheese into thin slices and place them on top of the fennel (you can use fontina, emmental or any other cheese you like).
- Pass them in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Let the cutlets rest in the fridge for about ten minutes.
- Bake the fennel in the oven at 180 ° C for about 30 minutes . Let them brown well, and once ready, salt them lightly. Enjoy your meal!
If you liked it, here are other ideas on how to cook fennel .
We recommend keeping both versions of the recipes with baked fennel for a maximum of 2 days , in the fridge and well covered with cling film. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...