To define baked lamb chops as a simple Easter recipe is really a shame. Refined and simple, they are perfect for any occasion.
The rack of lamb is, in all probability, one of the finest cuts that can be obtained from this animal. Consequently, cooking it correctly allows you to bring out its flavors and tender texture . Among the various recipes, we suggest you try the baked lamb chops, a typical second Easter dish , but perfect to prepare at other times of the year as well.
We have decided to keep the rack of lamb whole so that the juices of the meat remain concentrated inside, but we will also show you how to make cooking faster. It's not always easy to adjust to a single cut of meat and the less experienced might be afraid. It goes without saying that baked lamb ribs are best served with a side of roasted potatoes . Now let's see the recipe in detail !
How to prepare the recipe of lamb chops in the oven
- Start by removing as much fat from the meat as possible. We advise you to use a small, well-sharpened knife and work calmly.
- Always with the knife, make incisions between one bone and another, cutting downwards by a few centimeters without affecting the piece of meat but only to separate the bones well and clean them of cartilage and meat.
- Place them in a glass baking dish and season them with salt, pepper, lemon zest and aromatic herbs . Rosemary and sage are perfect for enhancing the flavor of lamb. Also season with a couple of tablespoons of oil , a clove of garlic and massage the meat well.
- Cover them with plastic wrap and leave them to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before proceeding.
- After the resting time, cover the bones , individually or all together, with aluminum foil so that they do not burn during cooking and place the piece of meat in a greased baking dish.
- Bake the lamb ribs in the oven at 200°C for 50 minutes . If you have a meat thermometer, the temperature in the center must be 60°C for optimal cooking.
- Once ready, take them out of the oven and wait about ten minutes before cutting them and serving them.
Pay attention to cooking, in fact your lamb ribs must be well pink inside !
Try our other recipes with lamb, one is better than the other. If, on the other hand, you prefer to take advantage of this fine cut of meat in other ways, then what is right for you are our preparations with lamb chops. After all, there is no better way to cook lamb in the oven for your Easter recipes !
Quick Baked Lamb Chops
If you don't trust cooking the whole loin, you can also marinate the ribs separated from each other, always in the same way, and then cook them at 180°C for 20 minutes . In this way you will also have halved the cooking times.
Roasted lamb chops are delicious when freshly made, but if you have any leftover pieces of meat (which we consider very unlikely) you can keep them for 1 or maximum 2 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
If you love this meat, don't miss all our recipes with lamb !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...