Baked mackerel with aromatic herbs: a dream second course
Baked mackerel is good and quick to prepare, an excellent idea for healthy eating without sacrificing taste.
Baked mackerel is an inexpensive, but also appetizing and appetizing dish. The protagonist of this wonderful course is one of the most typical of the blue fish of our seas, also known as the mackerel. Its high quality/price ratio and its versatility in the kitchen make it one of the most interesting purchases to make in a fishmonger's shop. It can be cooked in many ways, and this recipe allows you to appreciate it in all its tasty flavour.
We decided to combine its meat with aromatic herbs, garlic, cherry tomatoes and lemon. Our choice fell on parsley, rosemary, thyme and basil, but if you like it you can also add marjoram, chives or other fantastic herbs. Let's start with the preparation right away!
How to cook mackerel in the oven
- First of all, let's see how to clean mackerel, a very simple operation since it is a fish without scales. Cut off the side fins, keeping the head and tail instead. This is because we don't want to get fillets, but simply clean the fish keeping it whole .
- At this point, make a cut on the abdomen that goes from the tail to the head and remove all the innards with your hands. Finally, rinse the fish thoroughly under running water.
- Once the fish has been cleaned, wash the cherry tomatoes and the aromatic herbs , then take the garlic clove and remove the peel and the inner core, which would make it difficult to digest.
- Chop the herbs with the garlic so as to create a tasty aromatic mixture with which to stuff the fish and which will serve to weaken the strong flavor of this type of fish. Also add salt and a little pepper and soften everything with olive oil.
- Once this phase is complete, take a sharp knife and cut the surface of the mackerel by making cuts on the side of the fish and stuff them with the chopped herbs and then place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes next to them and season with salt, pepper and extra virgin olive oil. Once done, cook for 20-25 minutes at a temperature of 180°C .
- Serve the mackerel accompanied by slices of lemon . Enjoy your meal!
And if you're looking for a side dish for this recipe, we recommend serving it with magnificent thinly sliced baked potatoes .
Mackerel, recipes for all tastes: the variations
Not only in the oven: mackerel lends itself to different types of preparations. There are many recipes for cooking mackerel : you can also prepare it in foil or if instead, especially in the summer, you want to avoid accessing the oven, you can enjoy it after having cooked it in a stew pan or on the grill. Alternatively you can also try the mackerel in oil .
How to store mackerel in the oven
It is advisable to keep the mackerel in the refrigerator for a maximum of 1 day , making sure to store it in an airtight container or alternatively to cover it with plastic wrap.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Delicious carrot pancakes: a truly unmissable recipe
Making delicious carrot pancakes is easier said than done. Here are the ingredients and the procedure to prepare them to...
Light and gluten-free zucchini gnocchi
How to prepare gluten-free zucchini gnocchi? Here is the recipe for the variant with rice flour, perfect even for the...
Are African braids bad for you? How much do they cost? Everything you don’t know
A particular hairstyle to show off that never goes out of style: here's everything you need to know about African...
Traveler’s diarrhea: what it is, symptoms, treatment and prevention
Traveler's diarrhea is a fairly common problem. Let's find out together what it is and how to prevent or cure...
Potato pizza, the recipe that saves you the expense
Halfway between a margherita pizza and a potato gateau: here is the delicious potato pizza with tomato and scamorza cheese....
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce
Fashion2 months ago
Superga celebrates its street and chic attitude in the s/s 2023 collection: starring Levante and Tina Kunakey