Looking for a second course of delicious fish ideal for a Sunday lunch or a dinner with friends? Try the baked mullet.
Mullet is a fish, also known as mullet, which lends itself very well to cooking in the oven. What we present today is a very simple recipe for baked mullet, ideal for a light dinner, but rich in taste. If you are wondering how to cook mullet, just remember that in reality the same rule applies to other fish, that is, do not cook it too much otherwise the meat becomes too dry, regardless of the type of cooking.
Once clean, the mullet can be baked simply with lemon, but also accompanied by tasty vegetables. If you don’t like cleaning fish, you can have it cleaned by your trusted fishmonger or, alternatively, cook the mullet fillets directly in the oven. For this preparation we decided to make baked mullet with potatoes and cherry tomatoes, but you can choose the type of side dish you prefer .
Preparing the recipe for baked mullet
- To make one of the fastest fish main courses there is, start by cleaning the fish. To clean the mullet, the first thing to do is to get rid of the scales and bowels .
- After that, rinse it very well under running water and dry it very carefully with absorbent paper.
- At this point, dedicate yourself to preparing the side dish, then wash, peel and cut the potatoes . For this baked mullet recipe, we advise you to cut them into thin slices with the help of a mandolin.
- Also cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with chopped fresh parsley and a very finely chopped clove of garlic. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, pepper and salt to this mix.
- Mix everything well and distribute it partly inside the fish and partly on the surface of the fish.
- Take a baking tray, grease it with oil or cover it with parchment paper and make a bed of potatoes. Arrange the halved cherry tomatoes on top of the potatoes and season with salt.
- Arrange the mullets on top and pour another drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Cook at 180 ° C for 30-45 minutes . Cooking times may vary according to the size of the fish.
Baked mullet is great just served, but if you have any leftover, clean it and store it in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of days . You can reheat it or enjoy it cold with a salad.
Lovers of fish main courses? Try the baked sea bream with potatoes !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe