The rabbit recipe in the oven scares less experienced cooks, but it's much simpler than it seems. Here's how to prepare this second roast dish!
Today we try our hand at a tasty and easy-to-prepare second course: baked rabbit. Here is the step-by-step recipe, which will show you that cooking rabbit is not as difficult as it seems. First of all, we will not start from an internal rabbit but from already cut breasts and thighs. Then, to keep it soft , we'll add broth and wine: you'll see, it'll be succulent!
Furthermore, the ingredients necessary for the recipe of the rabbit in the oven are simple and commonly used, so as not to discourage anyone: in addition to the meat , you will need vegetable broth, white cooking wine, aromas such as rosemary, bay leaf, thyme, onion white, some garlic and salt, pepper and oil.
Although there is a lot of confusion around, this is the recipe for roast rabbit, a cooking method that involves the use of a direct heat source (such as a fire, spit or oven).
How to cook rabbit in the soft oven
- Start by finely chopping the rosemary, the peeled garlic clove and the bay leaf; put them on the fire in a large saucepan with some olive oil. Leave to flavor for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- In the meantime, peel the onion and cut it into thin slices: season them with thyme, drizzle with a drizzle of oil and transfer everything into the pot, without ever turning off the heat.
- Add the rabbit pieces and brown on both sides for 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper and blend with the white wine .
- Let the alcohol evaporate and add a ladleful of broth before lowering the heat and cooking for another 5-6 minutes.
- At this point, on the bottom of a baking dish lined with parchment paper, distribute the pieces of rabbit that you have browned in a pan.
- Add the rest of the broth and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 40 minutes .
Let it brown and…enjoy your meal! If you want you can also try other recipes with simple rabbit .
Baked rabbit with potatoes: the recipe and some advice
It is very common to serve your rabbit baked with potatoes. For a perfect single dish, I recommend adding about 800 g of potatoes to be cut into cubes to the ingredients and cook them in the same bowl as the meat. Or, you can prepare your baked potatoes separately.
Instead of the Mediterranean aromas that we have chosen (rosemary, bay leaf and thyme) you can also choose more particular flavors such as coriander: it all depends on your tastes.
Keep it in the fridge for a day in an airtight container. Preservation is therefore possible, but strongly discouraged: the next day the consistency of the meat will no longer be the same.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
How to cook potatoes in the microwave in minutes: here are all the secrets!
If you're short on time but want to enjoy an excellent side dish, we'll explain how to cook potatoes in...
Let’s taste the lightness of the chocolate water muffins
Chocolate water muffins are super light and soft treats, to be made with just a few ingredients and without eggs...
Antidepressant foods: what they are and why they work
Antidepressant foods can help lift your mood and keep it stable over time. Let's find out which are the most...
From French cuisine comes the Rossini fillet, delicious and elegant
Fillet alla Rossini is a second course based on beef fillet, enriched with foie gras and black truffle. From French...
Black gums, causes and symptoms: the alarm bell of a serious problem
Black gums should never be underestimated because they could be the alarm bell of a serious problem. Have you noticed...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Fashion6 days ago
Paris Fashion Week 2023: The most beautiful and eccentric looks of the front row
Recipes1 week ago
Pici cacio e pepe: the video recipe of the first course prepared from scratch!
Health1 week ago
Autism spectrum disorders: what they are and how they manifest in children