Baked stuffed artichokes au gratin are a very tasty dish, ideal for a quick dinner or as an appetizer for Sunday lunches.
Stuffed artichokes are one of those quick and easy recipes for when you want to get cooking, but you don't have much time . We are talking about a rich, nutritious and delicious dish: excellent as a tasty appetizer but also as a quick second course. Cooking in the oven will make the leaves of this tasty vegetable very crunchy, leaving the heart soft and delicate, and the filling rich in flavour. Let's find out together how to prepare this recipe for these delicious stuffed artichokes.
Preparing the recipe for stuffed artichokes
- Wash the artichokes and cut off about two thirds of the thorny leaves. Remove the outermost and hardest leaves, keeping only the heart of the artichoke.
- Using a teaspoon , remove the internal beard , being careful not to pierce the bottom. Cut off the stems and keep them aside.
- Dip the artichokes in water and lemon to prevent them from blackening immediately.
- Boil the artichoke stems and hearts in boiling salted water for 10/15 minutes , and then drain them.
- In a blender, blend the stems, add the grated cheese and the breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt, pepper and thyme, and mix well.
- At this point , delicately open the artichoke hearts and, using a spoon, place the mixture inside.
- Place them on a baking tray with a drizzle of oil and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- Also add the ladle of broth to the pan to ensure that the artichokes remain softer.
- Serve warm and with a sprinkling of cheese.
It is also possible to prepare stuffed artichokes in a pan. The recipe remains unchanged, you just have to take the already stuffed artichokes, put them in a pan with high sides , add half a glass of water to ensure they don't stick and add some oil. Cook for about 25 minutes (depending on how big your artichokes are), checking occasionally that the water has not been absorbed.
These delicious meatless stuffed artichokes can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Lovers of this delicious vegetable? Try all our recipes with artichokes !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Let’s prepare lardiated broken ziti, a symbol of Campania cuisine
If you are looking for a tasty first course, don't miss this recipe from Campania: ziti lardiati! Pasta first courses...
Ideas for a light dinner? Here are light recipes and tips for tasty dishes
For a tasty light dinner you don't need much effort: just play carefully with the ingredients you have at home...
Light and tasty, the sliced chicken breast is the perfect second course
Preparing the sliced chicken breast is really simple and in no time at all you will have a quick and...
Vegetarian cabbage rolls
Vegetarian cabbage rolls: a delicious second course based on ricotta and rice. Try them also as a main dish! Who...