We present Bastani, a Persian ice cream made according to an ancient recipe that dates back to 400 BC
Bastani is a Middle Eastern ice cream born from the invention of a fresh drink , called Sharbat, which then, over time, came to us, transforming itself into the current ice cream. The original recipe that we propose is an easy dessert. Bastani is perfect for those looking for quick dessert recipes. This ice cream is based on saffron, rose water and pistachio. Despite being a typical recipe from Iran, it is also possible to enjoy this ice cream in Italy in typical restaurants that offer it as a dessert to eat at the end of a dinner or lunch. Furthermore, in Italy there are many Iranian ice cream shops that allow you to try this type of ice cream. If, however, in your city you do not have the opportunity to find one of these structures, it is possible to prepare an excellent homemade ice cream . So let’s see the ingredients and the procedure for preparing an excellent Bastani directly at home.
Preparation of the recipe for Bastani
- Take the saffron pistils and work them in a mortar with a little sugar. After having crushed these ingredients, add the boiling water and let the mixture rest .
- While waiting, take a pan in which you will toast the pistachios for no more than 2 minutes. As soon as you have finished this step, let them cool separately.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over low heat until it starts to make a few small bubbles. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Add the egg yolks to the sugar and work with a hand or electric whisk until the mixture is frothy and clear . Immediately after, add the milk and mix without removing the cream you just made.
- Transfer everything to a large pot and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes . The cream should be thick.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the water with saffron and the rose water to the cream.
- Sift the mixture and let it cool. Add the previously roasted pistachios.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream and, as soon as the cream is cold, add it to the mixture. Put everything in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, work the mixture with an ice cream maker and you will get the homemade Bastani.
- Before enjoying the ice cream, leave it in the freezer for at least 30 minutes . Serve garnishing with rose petals and other chopped pistachios.
You can store the ice cream in the freezer in a plastic container. Keep it within 1 month of its preparation.
Try our recipe with homemade ice cream tips and tricks, you won’t regret it!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...