We present Bastani, a Persian ice cream made according to an ancient recipe that dates back to 400 BC
Bastani is a Middle Eastern ice cream born from the invention of a fresh drink , called Sharbat, which then, over time, came to us, transforming itself into the current ice cream. The original recipe that we propose is an easy dessert. Bastani is perfect for those looking for quick dessert recipes. This ice cream is based on saffron, rose water and pistachio. Despite being a typical recipe from Iran, it is also possible to enjoy this ice cream in Italy in typical restaurants that offer it as a dessert to eat at the end of a dinner or lunch. Furthermore, in Italy there are many Iranian ice cream shops that allow you to try this type of ice cream. If, however, in your city you do not have the opportunity to find one of these structures, it is possible to prepare an excellent homemade ice cream . So let’s see the ingredients and the procedure for preparing an excellent Bastani directly at home.
Preparation of the recipe for Bastani
- Take the saffron pistils and work them in a mortar with a little sugar. After having crushed these ingredients, add the boiling water and let the mixture rest .
- While waiting, take a pan in which you will toast the pistachios for no more than 2 minutes. As soon as you have finished this step, let them cool separately.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over low heat until it starts to make a few small bubbles. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Add the egg yolks to the sugar and work with a hand or electric whisk until the mixture is frothy and clear . Immediately after, add the milk and mix without removing the cream you just made.
- Transfer everything to a large pot and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes . The cream should be thick.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the water with saffron and the rose water to the cream.
- Sift the mixture and let it cool. Add the previously roasted pistachios.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream and, as soon as the cream is cold, add it to the mixture. Put everything in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, work the mixture with an ice cream maker and you will get the homemade Bastani.
- Before enjoying the ice cream, leave it in the freezer for at least 30 minutes . Serve garnishing with rose petals and other chopped pistachios.
You can store the ice cream in the freezer in a plastic container. Keep it within 1 month of its preparation.
Try our recipe with homemade ice cream tips and tricks, you won’t regret it!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Oily skin skincare: here are the five basic steps
In the case of oily skin, daily skincare with ad hoc products is very important: let's see what the basic...
Spaghetti with three tomatoes, a simply genuine dish!
Are you looking for a simple and tasty first course? Try the spaghetti with three tomatoes recipe, made only with...
Is using social media at the table bad?
Using social networks and smartphones at the table is now common among adults and children: a habit that involves risks....
Types of perm: how many there are and what effect they give to the hair
How many types of permanents are there? Let's find out all of them and see if there is also an...
Homemade Russian salad, the Queen of all appetizers!
Russian salad, the timeless and perfect appetizer for a delicious dinner: here are the ingredients and how to prepare it...
Recipes1 week ago
Mulled wine, the super-scented drink that warms up the coldest days
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion7 days ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe