The quick recipe of the Bolognese sticks, the succulent fried meat skewers, is excellent for a delicious and crunchy appetizer.
In the Bolognese fried sticks – or Petroniana sticks – there is not only meat , but much more. It is an easy recipe that results in an appetizer, or if you prefer a second course, really tasty. The interior is made of meat, cheese and mortadella. Everything is dipped in béchamel and breaded, before proceeding to frying. Thanks to this last step, the product gets a crunchy covering. According to the original recipe, pork livers should be used for this preparation, along with other cuts of meat, but loin is also fine!
Preparation of the recipe for the Bolognese sticks
- The first step is to create a perfect bechamel sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the flour, sifting it and mix with a hand whisk.
- Add all the milk slowly, continuing to mix so that no lumps form.
- When the béchamel thickens, becoming a velvety cream , season with salt and pepper and season with nutmeg. Turn off and transfer to a bowl to cool down. If you don’t have to use it right away, cover with cling film to keep it from drying out.
- Clean the loin and cut the meat into small cubes . Do the same with the thick slice of mortadella and cheese.
- Take a non-stick pan and fill the bottom with a drizzle of olive oil. Sauté the pieces of loin in it for a few minutes. After cooking, turn off and let it cool.
- Get 20 sticks and make up the meat skewers. Take one and skewer a cube of mortadella, one of cheese and, then, one of loin. Stick to each other .
- Proceed with this sequence, until the entire stick is filled. Do the same with the others and arrange the skewers on a plate.
- Prepare the breading. In a dish, beat the eggs, adding a pinch of salt. Fill another bowl with breadcrumbs.
- Place these two ingredients near the bowl that contains the bechamel, for convenience.
- Take a skewer and dip it first in the béchamel and then in the beaten egg. Finally, roll it completely in the breadcrumbs. As you prepare them, place them on a tray.
- Next, take a pot and fill it with seed oil. Put on the stove and heat up (it must reach 170 ° C ), to make it ready for frying.
- Dip only 2 or 3 skewers in the oil at a time , no more. Fry for a few minutes, until completely golden, then drain with a slotted spoon.
- Dry on a tray covered with absorbent paper, then serve them hot.
Thanks to the original recipe of these Bolognese sticks, you can serve the typical Bolognese appetizer during your lunches. The best advice is to consume them immediately after preparing them. You can compose them a few hours before and store in the fridge, raw and covered with plastic wrap. If you don’t know when to cook them, you can freeze them.
But have you ever tried the goodness of the skewers of meat and crispy onion ?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...