To start the day off right, we suggest you try our truly irresistible strawberry French toast.
We Italians usually eat a breakfast on the go , dedicating as little time as possible to it. Yet sometimes it takes very little to bring something good like strawberry French toast to the table. But don't let the name fool you: this recipe has Anglo-Saxon origins .
For those who have never had the good fortune to try this dish, French toast consists of slices of bread dipped in egg and fried in a pan . Our idea of accompanying it with strawberries and maple syrup is as simple as it is brilliant. Curious to find out how to do it?
How to make strawberry french toast recipe
- First, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the icing sugar and vanilla extract.
- Then heat a non-stick pan and melt a teaspoon of butter.
- Dip the slices of sandwich bread (the cereal or wholemeal ones are excellent) in beaten egg on both sides, then fry them in a pan for about 2 minutes on each side.
- In the meantime, wash the strawberries, remove the stalk and cut them into cubes or slices. Season them with a squeeze of lemon juice and a spoonful of sugar and mix.
- Distribute the still warm bread on plates and complete with strawberries and maple syrup to taste.
Also take a look at the traditional French toast recipe, perfect if you are looking for something simpler but equally tasty.
We advise you, as with all fried foods, to prepare and consume this recipe at the moment .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Fast 5:2 diet – how it works, menu, advantages and disadvantages
Among the most popular diets in the summer period is the 5:2. Let's find out how it works and what...
Torta Bertolda, the country dessert of Lombardy
The Bertolda cake is the recipe to make at home if you don't know which dessert to prepare for breakfast....
How to marinate lamb
Here's how to marinate lamb: a very ancient technique that serves to enhance the flavors of the meat and keep...
Baked rice and cabbage pie: a delicious (and gluten-free) single dish
The rice and cabbage pie is a tasty and inviting single dish, here are all the (very easy) steps to...
Water apple cake
Recipe and tips for preparing a perfect water apple pie: taste and lightness in every bite. It is a real...