Friarielli, broccoli, turnip greens: call them what you want but these broccoli in oil are really delicious! Here is our recipe.
Today we want to offer you a different preserve than usual , perfect for preserving the flavor of winter in a jar. We are talking about broccoli in oil, known as broccoli. Before delving into the recipe, it is in fact appropriate to make a clarification: broccoli, broccoli, broccoli or turnip greens are the same thing even if in theory, broccoli are the largest ones (similar to cauliflower) and green in color.
Preparing crispy broccoli in oil is really simple and, in addition to the vegetables, you will need garlic, oil and chilli. The rest of the work will be done by cooking which must be fast so that the broccoli do not lose their color. So get some sterilized glass jars and put yourself in the kitchen: you will not regret it.
How to prepare the recipe for broccoli in oil
- Start by cleaning the broccoli and removing the hardest parts, then wash them under running water.
- Cook them a few at a time for 10 minutes in a pan filled with salted water acidulated with vinegar. As they are ready, drain them with a slotted spoon and stop cooking in a bowl filled with water and ice . This step is essential to stop cooking and fix its green color.
- Drain them and leave them to dry for an hour on a clean cloth.
- Now all that remains is to transfer the broccoli to the sterilized jars. Pour a little oil on the bottom, lay a layer of broccoli and season with a few slices of garlic, a few flakes of chilli and continue until the jars are full.
- Top up with oil , put the lid on loosely and let the oil fill all the spaces between the vegetables, topping up if necessary.
- Your jars are ready to be closed and placed in the pantry.
If you have this fantastic vegetable available, also take a look at our ideas for cooking broccoli .
The broccoli in oil can be kept in the pantry for over six months . Once opened, place them in the refrigerator and consume them within a couple of weeks, making sure that they are always well covered by the oil.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
What is special about Bruno Barbieri’s carbonara?
Bruno Barbieri's recipe for carbonara causes discussion, perhaps more for the name than for the taste. Try this particular take...
Antibiotic resistance: how to spot it and what to do
Resistance to antibiotics: causes, consequences and possible remedies to be able to try to solve the problem. Are you concerned...
Let’s find out how to prepare excellent cannelloni stuffed with meat
Meat cannelloni are an excellent first course, ideal for Sundays. Let's see together how to prepare them! Meat cannelloni are...
Reinforcement salad: a traditional Neapolitan Christmas dish
The reinforcement salad is a side dish based on papacelle, cauliflower, olives and spring onions: one of the most popular...
Don’t throw away the vegetable peels: turn them into crunchy chips!
Making baked vegetable peel chips is a great way to reduce waste in the kitchen. Here's which vegetables to use...
Fashion7 days ago
Black Friday fashion: between advances, fast shopping and discounted luxury purchases
Food1 week ago
Topinambur: the properties and contraindications of the Jerusalem artichoke
Fashion1 week ago
The super mini skirt in the shape of a belt: the model designed by Diesel could become a trend thanks to Dua Lipa
Recipes7 days ago
How to make risotto pasta in a pan: have you ever tasted it?