Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce
Typical Calabrian product and in particular from the province of Crotone and the Upper and Lower Ionian Cosentino area: this is how to prepare the Calabrian sardella.
The Calabrian sardella is a typical product of Calabria: a spicy fish-based sauce known as the caviar of the poor, rosamarina or Calabrian caviar. This spicy sauce can be considered as the seafood variant of 'nduja, another typical Calabrian product. The Calabrian spicy sauce prepared following this recipe can be consumed within a few days; for longer conservation I recommend boiling the glass jar wrapped in a cloth for ten minutes in a pot of water.
Preparation of the Calabrian sardine
- To prepare the Calabrian sardine, start by washing the fish well under cold running water then drain it in a colander.
- On the side, mix the two variants of chilli pepper with the chopped fennel then put some on the bottom of a bowl with a little salt.
- Cover with a layer of fish, then make another layer of salt and pepper.
- Continue in this way until you finish the ingredients at your disposal.
- Cover with a weight and leave to macerate for two days.
- After the rest time, mix all the ingredients well.
- Transfer the mixture thus obtained into a clean glass jar and cover with the olive oil.
Alternatively, I suggest you try the recipe for Calabrian lampascioni in oil .
This spicy sauce, fish sardine, can be kept for a few days in the refrigerator, inside a special container with a lidded container. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
WHO advises against the use of sweeteners in diets. Let’s find out why!
The WHO has recently updated the guidelines discouraging the use of non-sugar sweeteners. Let's find out why and what are...
Pasta with courgette flowers
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Tricolor first course: tomato and burrata pasta
Tomato and burrata pasta is an ideal recipe to serve as a single dish, especially in summer. That's how simple...
June diet: the fresh and creative choice to lose weight
The June diet is a fresh and summery way to lose weight by eating with gusto. Let's find out which...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Fashion2 months ago
Superga celebrates its street and chic attitude in the s/s 2023 collection: starring Levante and Tina Kunakey