Typical Calabrian product and in particular from the province of Crotone and the Upper and Lower Ionian Cosentino area: here’s how to prepare the Calabrian sardella.
The Calabrian sardella is a typical product of Calabria: a spicy fish-based sauce known as the caviar of the poor, rosamarine or Calabrian caviar. This spicy sauce can be considered as the sea variant of ‘nduja, another typical Calabrian product. The Calabrian spicy sauce prepared following this recipe can be consumed within a few days; for longer storage I recommend you boil the glass jar wrapped in a towel for ten minutes in a pot of water.
Preparation of the Calabrian sardella
- To prepare the Calabrian sardella, start by washing the fish well under cold running water then drain it in a colander.
- Separately, mix the two variants of chilli pepper with the chopped fennel then put some on the bottom of a bowl with a little salt.
- Cover with a layer of fish, then make another layer of salt and chilli.
- Continue in this way until you run out of ingredients at your disposal.
- Cover with a weight and let it steep for two days.
- After the resting time, mix all the ingredients well.
- Transfer the mixture thus obtained into a clean glass jar and cover with olive oil.
Alternatively, I suggest you try the recipe for Calabrian lampascioni in oil .
This spicy sauce, the fish sardella, can be kept for a few days in the refrigerator, inside a special container with a container with a lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe