Callara sheep is a typical product of Abruzzo, made with meat and boiled with a series of aromas.
Callara sheep is a typical recipe from Teramo. A preparation with ancient origins, which dates back to the time of transhumance . The shepherds, in fact, set out on their journey bringing the flock to pasture; however, it happened that some sheep could not survive the long journey and, so, the shepherds provided to slaughter them. Later, the meat of this animal was boiled in brass pots or copper pots, put on the fire. The cooking was, and still is, quite long and takes place together with other vegetables or aromas, which make the recipe tasty and irresistible.
Over the years, the preparation of this ancient Abruzzo dish has been refined, while remaining simple and very genuine.
Preparation of the recipe for callara sheep
- Clean and cut the meat into large enough pieces. Put it in a pan and cover it with plenty of water and a glass of white wine.
- Put on the stove and boil, cooking over low heat. Let it boil for 1 hour , removing the foam and impurities that form on the surface, from time to time, with a skimmer.
- After 1 hour, drain the meat and wash it under running water. Put it in another pot, with more water and another glass of wine, letting it boil for about 35 minutes .
- Next, wash and peel the carrot. Also clean celery, onion, chilli and rosemary. Chop all these ingredients.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into four parts, peel the garlic and clean the bay leaves.
- Take a pan, fill the bottom with a drizzle of oil and add carrot, garlic and celery.
- Fry over low heat, then add the sheep meat (after draining it).
- Let it brown for 10 minutes , blending with another glass of white wine.
- Then, add all the other herbs and vegetables, 4 glasses of water and season with salt.
- Cook for 1 hour over medium-low heat . When cooked, season with chopped parsley and serve hot.
The original recipe of callara sheep is very simple to make at home, you just need to respect the long cooking times. If you have some leftover, you can keep it for a few hours and reheat it right now .
Have you ever tried the spotted sheep molise ?
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Carnival chiacchiere: the traditional video recipe
The recipe for Carnival chiacchiere is simple and delicious: let's see how to prepare the most loved dessert of this...
How to make mustard: the classic recipe and its variations
Perfect for flavoring salads and meats: what are the varieties of mustard and the classic recipe for preparing it at...
Nike+Tiffany together again, the most awaited sporty chic collab of the year: when and where to buy them
The "legendary" collaboration between Nike and Tiffany who once again create a pair of sneakers, the most exclusive of the...
Grated apple pie with a moist and very soft dough!
The grated apple cake is a tasty version of the classic dessert, easy to make and very soft, because the...
Vomiting of the newborn: how to behave and what it can indicate
Newborn vomiting is always a cause for alarm. Let's try to understand it better and understand how to act and...
Fashion1 week ago
Not only in winter, tartan will also be worn in summer: the trend on the s/s 2023 catwalks
Fashion1 week ago
Ankle boots that have no age: the iconic Dr Martens are super trendy even in 2023
Recipes1 week ago
How do you make perfect baked potatoes (soft inside and crispy outside)? The infallible video recipe
Recipes1 week ago
Fried Friars, a Carnival sweet whose paternity is disputed