Eggplant cannelloni are the perfect dish for Sunday both in their vegetarian version and in the variant with sausage.
There is no precise reason that led us to indicate the eggplant cannelloni as a Sunday dish if not their goodness . In fact, preparing them is really very simple and in less than an hour they will be ready to be baked with the advantage of being able to prepare them the day before and keep them in the refrigerator until it’s time to cook them.
We will reveal how to prepare this tasty first course both in the lean version , thus keeping the vegetarian recipe, and in the even tastier one which includes the addition of sausage. The procedure in both cases is almost the same because once the aubergines are cooked and mixed with the other ingredients, the bulk of the work is done. For this recipe then you can use both dry cannelloni (semolina or egg), and fresh sheet for lasagna, rolling it on itself.
How to prepare the eggplant cannelloni recipe
- After washing the aubergines, cut the pulp into half a centimeter cubes and cook it in a pan with two tablespoons of oil, the clove of garlic and the chopped parsley with a knife. When cooked, chop everything with a knife and season with salt and pepper. You will need to get a beat so we do not recommend using the blender.
- Transfer the aubergine pulp to a bowl and add the well-drained ricotta. Season with Parmesan, add the egg and mix well, adjusting with salt if necessary. If the mixture is too liquid (a lot depends on how you cooked the aubergines and the softness of the ricotta), you can adjust the consistency with more Parmesan, pecorino or breadcrumbs.
- Transfer the filling to a pastry bag with a smooth nozzle a couple of centimeters wide and temporarily set aside.
- Spread a layer of tomato sauce flavored with salt and oregano on the bottom of an ovenproof dish, then lay the cannelloni in it after stuffing them.
- Cover with the béchamel and the remaining sauce and cook at 180 ° C for 40 minutes . Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Also try our vegetarian filled cannelloni : they are good, simple and very light.
To prepare the aubergine cannelloni with sausage ragout add 300 g of crumbled sausage with your hands (you must first remove the casing), together with the aubergines in a pan and cook. Then you will not have to chop anything with a knife, simply mix the ingredients and use them to stuff the cannelloni: be careful, however, that the sausage is very fine or it will block it from coming out of the pocket.
Eggplant cannelloni can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days once cooked, for a maximum of one day before cooking. It is also possible to freeze them already portioned so as to have them available when needed.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Risotto with pomegranate: a rich and colorful dish for special occasions!
It is one of the fanciest and most delicious first courses: pomegranate risotto is perfect for special occasions, but it...
Let’s see the recipe for Poppella snowflakes, a typical dessert of Naples
Let's find out together how to prepare a sweet from Naples, Poppella's Snowflakes: soft and creamy they have bewitched everyone....
The trendiest bijoux to give at Christmas are those of the Ferragni sisters: sparkling and sophisticated collections
Chiara and Valentina Ferragni inspire our looks and also our bijoux. And their jewelry collections stand out among the perfect...
The diet of Victoria’s Secret models is not the same for all: here’s what they eat
What is the Victoria Secret models diet? Always beautiful and in perfect shape, they follow a precise diet. Beautiful and...
Viva Magenta, Pantone’s sparkling color 2023 can’t be missing in your wardrobe: how to wear it
Glamorous and bold, Viva Magenta is the Pantone 2023 color we can't wait to wear A magical, surprising color, full...
Fashion1 week ago
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Fashion1 week ago
Ugg Guard Boots, the waterproof sole that allows us to wear all but all the shoes we want!
Recipes1 week ago
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Recipes1 week ago
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe