Carrarina rice cake: the soft dessert with anise liqueur!
The Carrara rice cake has a sweet softness capable of enveloping our senses with delicate flavors and intense aromas.
The Carrara rice cake is superfine goodness. The paternity of this dessert is disputed between Carrara and Massa , but what matters in the end is its softness and creaminess. To make it you need a lot of eggs, which cook slowly in the oven, balancing perfectly with the sweetness of the sugar and the lack of flavor of the rice.
If you want, you can replace the anise liqueur with rum, brandy, orange liqueur or anything else you like. Here's the recipe!
Preparation of the Carrara rice cake
- Put a pot of water on the fire and bring it to a boil. When it boils, throw the rice away and cook it very al dente for only half of its nominal cooking time. Carefully place the boiling pot under the tap and let the cold water run slowly for a few seconds , stopping the cooking .
- Drain the rice and, to make it cool completely and quickly, spread it on a baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream . In a bowl, open the eggs and beat them lightly together with the 300 grams of sugar. You don't have to whip them, they just have to take on a uniform consistency.
- Put the milk in a saucepan with a couple of lemon peels, only the yellow part. Bring it to a boil and turn it off immediately . Let it cool and remove the peels.
- Add the small glass of liqueur to the eggs, then the warmed milk slowly, always beating with a whisk otherwise the heat of the milk will cook the eggs . Continue until adding all the milk, always beating and obtaining a very smooth and velvety mixture in the end.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Take a large pan, the cake must be quite low. For these doses a round cake pan with a diameter of 28-30 centimeters is fine, but if you want you can also use a rectangular pan. Grease the pan with the knob of butter. Spread a light layer of sugar on the bottom of the cake which will caramelize in the oven.
- Pour in the rice, distribute it evenly on the bottom and compact it with wet hands. Carefully pour the cream over the rice. The cream shouldn't mix with the rice, it should form a layer on top of it. Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes. The surface of the dessert must be well browned .
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool completely before removing it from the pan. Even better if, when cold, you keep it in the fridge with the whole pan for a couple of hours. Now you can cut it into slices and serve it.
If you liked this recipe, try also the fantastic red velvet cake!
This cake will keep for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator, in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Delicious carrot pancakes: a truly unmissable recipe
Making delicious carrot pancakes is easier said than done. Here are the ingredients and the procedure to prepare them to...
Light and gluten-free zucchini gnocchi
How to prepare gluten-free zucchini gnocchi? Here is the recipe for the variant with rice flour, perfect even for the...
Are African braids bad for you? How much do they cost? Everything you don’t know
A particular hairstyle to show off that never goes out of style: here's everything you need to know about African...
Traveler’s diarrhea: what it is, symptoms, treatment and prevention
Traveler's diarrhea is a fairly common problem. Let's find out together what it is and how to prevent or cure...
Potato pizza, the recipe that saves you the expense
Halfway between a margherita pizza and a potato gateau: here is the delicious potato pizza with tomato and scamorza cheese....
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce
Fashion2 months ago
Superga celebrates its street and chic attitude in the s/s 2023 collection: starring Levante and Tina Kunakey