Let’s find out how to prepare a delicious vegetable side dish: cauliflower alla Cavour, ideal to accompany any dish.
Lovers of delicious side dishes or those who never give up on a vegetable side dish must absolutely try their hand at the recipe for cauliflower alla Cavour. Simple, healthy, very tasty. It is a dish consisting of cauliflower tops greedily seasoned with butter and cheese, and accompanied by a sauce of eggs and anchovies . The dish is typical of northern Italy, of the Piedmont region, as suggested by the reference to Camillo Benso, count of Cavour. In fact, it is said that this former president of the Council of Ministers of the Italian Republic was particularly fond of it as early as the 19th century.
In fact, the Piedmontese side dish recipe, despite the use of simple ingredients, is a real explosion of flavor . Excellent to accompany meat or fish dishes, or as a delicious appetizer, both for lunch and dinner. Baked cauliflower can be prepared well in advance and served for both lunch and dinner. Also ideal as a dish to be served at a buffet, because it can be eaten both hot and cold . So let’s find out how to prepare cauliflower Cavour.
Preparation for the Cavour cauliflower recipe
- Wash the cauliflower , removing the outer leaves, the core and any bruised parts. Also wash the parsley and chop finely.
- Boil the cauliflower in abundant salted water for about 10 minutes , it must be cooked and firm. Take it out of the pan and remove the excess water.
- In a pan, melt 60 g of butter over medium heat , and sauté the cauliflower florets.
- Take a baking tray and butter it with the other 30 g of butter, place the vegetables on it, and sprinkle the surface with grated cheese. Bake at 180 ° C for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the hard-boiled eggs, boiling them for 8 minutes, after the first boil.
- Once the eggs are ready, shell them and chop them in a bowl. Also add the anchovies, parsley and squeezed lemon.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter and then pour it over the chopped eggs , mixing and blending all the ingredients together.
- Take the pan out of the oven, and serve, sprinkling each plate with plenty of sauce.
Cavour cauliflower can be stored in the fridge (without sauce) for 3 days , if closed in an airtight container. Otherwise it can be frozen for up to a month. For practical reasons, our advice is to freeze it already portioned.
If you are a lover of typical Piedmontese dishes, you cannot miss the bagna cauda recipe.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Military green passion: how to combine the most decisive of greens
Reassuring and decisive, military green is a trendy nuance again this winter: here's how it goes, even crazy! Bold, determined,...
Purple potatoes must absolutely be included in the diet: here are the reasons
If you've never tried them, purple potatoes taste really great. Not only that, they also bring many benefits to the...
Bucatini alla Caruso, the ingredients of the Neapolitan recipe
Bucatini alla Caruso are a simple first course prepared with genuine ingredients typical of the Campania region. Here is the...
Mousseline cream, a pride of French pastry
Similar to custard, mousseline cream is enriched with a fair amount of butter. Here is the recipe. France is famous...
Bach flowers: a natural remedy for colds and flu
Bach flowers are valid natural remedies for colds and flu: let's see which ones to use against these diseases. Like...
Recipes1 week ago
How to make mascarpone cream: the classic recipe and with the Thermomix!
Recipes5 days ago
Reinforcement salad: a Christmas dish of the Neapolitan tradition
Recipes1 week ago
For Sunday lunch, here are the artichoke crêpes
Recipes1 week ago
Baked hake with cherry tomatoes and olives: recipe for a tasty second course