Let’s find out how to prepare a delicious vegetable side dish: cauliflower alla Cavour, ideal to accompany any dish.
Lovers of delicious side dishes or those who never give up on a vegetable side dish must absolutely try their hand at the recipe for cauliflower alla Cavour. Simple, healthy, very tasty. It is a dish consisting of cauliflower tops greedily seasoned with butter and cheese, and accompanied by a sauce of eggs and anchovies . The dish is typical of northern Italy, of the Piedmont region, as suggested by the reference to Camillo Benso, count of Cavour. In fact, it is said that this former president of the Council of Ministers of the Italian Republic was particularly fond of it as early as the 19th century.
In fact, the Piedmontese side dish recipe, despite the use of simple ingredients, is a real explosion of flavor . Excellent to accompany meat or fish dishes, or as a delicious appetizer, both for lunch and dinner. Baked cauliflower can be prepared well in advance and served for both lunch and dinner. Also ideal as a dish to be served at a buffet, because it can be eaten both hot and cold . So let’s find out how to prepare cauliflower Cavour.
Preparation for the Cavour cauliflower recipe
- Wash the cauliflower , removing the outer leaves, the core and any bruised parts. Also wash the parsley and chop finely.
- Boil the cauliflower in abundant salted water for about 10 minutes , it must be cooked and firm. Take it out of the pan and remove the excess water.
- In a pan, melt 60 g of butter over medium heat , and sauté the cauliflower florets.
- Take a baking tray and butter it with the other 30 g of butter, place the vegetables on it, and sprinkle the surface with grated cheese. Bake at 180 ° C for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the hard-boiled eggs, boiling them for 8 minutes, after the first boil.
- Once the eggs are ready, shell them and chop them in a bowl. Also add the anchovies, parsley and squeezed lemon.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter and then pour it over the chopped eggs , mixing and blending all the ingredients together.
- Take the pan out of the oven, and serve, sprinkling each plate with plenty of sauce.
Cavour cauliflower can be stored in the fridge (without sauce) for 3 days , if closed in an airtight container. Otherwise it can be frozen for up to a month. For practical reasons, our advice is to freeze it already portioned.
If you are a lover of typical Piedmontese dishes, you cannot miss the bagna cauda recipe.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Presnitz: the Trieste dessert with noble origins!
According to some testimonies it was created for Princess Sissi. Either way, the Presnitz quick recipe is tasty and easy...
Let’s find out how to prepare the brandacujun with the Ligurian recipe
The recipe for brandacujun comes directly from western Liguria, a creamed cod with potatoes with an intense flavor and creamy...
How okonomiyaki is prepared, a typical dish of Japanese cuisine
If you are looking for quick and easy recipes that come from afar, okonomyaki, Japanese pancakes with vegetables, is worth...
What is holistic massage: all about this practice for body and mind
Holistic massage has numerous benefits, both for the body and for the mind. Let’s see together what they are, and...
Bublanina is a truly amazing Czechoslovakian dessert with cherries
Bublanina is a simple cherry pie typical of the Czech Republic prepared with a dough similar to sponge cake. Literally...